The 10 Best Drawing Tablets in 2018
The GT-191 has 19.5-inch IPS LCD widescreen with a 16.9 ratio and a fantastic 72% NTSC color gamut while the anti-glare screen makes for comfortable and hassle-free working. The ergonomic design along with a pressure sensitivity of 8192 levels is ideal for creative artists.
The H610 Pro Graphic Tablet has an improved paper-like texture that makes for more realistic drawing. The larger space helps to encourage your creativity and the 40-hour battery life means you can work for long periods without any worry of running out of juice.
Offering the best of both worlds, the Wacom Intuos Pro is incredibly comfortable to use, has tilt recognition and lag-free tracking. It features eight express keys to be programmed however you like, and the touch ring controls the canvas rotation and various other features.
Things to consider when buying a drawing tablets
Over the past few years, tablet technology has come a long way and there are options to suit a range of budgets. From high resolution options to powerful feature-packed models and budget-friendly tablets that strike the perfect balance between price and functionality, there’s a drawing tablet to suit everyone. But with so many on the market, choosing the right product for your needs has become increasingly daunting. Some users want basic functionality coupled with useful features to supplement a hobby while others want incredible power, battery life and features that can be used to create professional work.
There are several factors that you need to consider when choosing a drawing tablet. Size is the first thing to consider, as while a bigger tablet may help in creating more detailed work, it’s not always essential and smaller tablets are typically less expensive. Does the tablet come with accessories such as a stylus or software? Some brands provide accessories as part of their tablets, while others require you to purchase these separately which may affect the cost. Similarly, connectivity is something to bear in mind as you need to know whether the tablet will connect easily to your computer.
The best drawing tablets will allow users to paint, write, draw and share their work from a single device with ease. The following list outlines ten of the best drawing tablets on the market today, ranging from value picks that still provide great opportunity to develop your artistic skills through to high-end options that professionals will be proud to use to create outstanding pieces of art and design.
Pocket-friendly and affordable, the UGEE M708 Tablet is incredibly powerful compared to some of its rivals but it has an impressive report rate of 230 reports per second, and a 5080LPI resolution. The M708 provides 2048 levels of pressure sensitivity pen as well as the tablet itself, giving you the feeling of writing on paper. The feature-packed tablet is ideal for drawing, working well with a number of different software such as Photoshop, Corel Painter and Illustrator, so designers won’t have to worry about switching between devices. It also supports different operating systems, including Mac OS X 10.6 and Windows OS. The M708 is easy to set up and is incredibly user-friendly, so it’s perfect for hobbyists, amateurs and professionals of all kinds.
- Compliant with various programs, including Illustrator, Photoshop and Lightroom
- Features 8 user-defined shortcuts for convenience
- Has a resolution of 5080LPI and 2048 levels of sensitivity
While the Surface Pro isn’t strictly designed exclusively for drawing, meaning you can do everything you can do on your laptop on this device, the tools and features this product provides make it a fantastic option for drawing. This is Microsoft’s best tablet offering so far and the technology makes it more than a viable option if you’re looking for a tablet you can use for designing and sketching. The incredibly high-resolution PixelSense display rivals the Retina displays that Apple products provide, while the ability to add notes on the screen about print colors which are harmonious to the OS sending print jobs to a Windows printer is perfect for designers working in print. The Surface Pro has plenty of storage and RAM so there’s more than a sufficient amount of speed for working on projects and tasks.
- Features a 7th generation Intel Core i5 Processor, 256GB of storage and 8GB RAM
- Has 13.5 hours of battery life, up to 50% higher than previous generations
- Can be used in conjunction with other Microsoft tools such as the Surface Pen and Signature Type Cover, which are sold separately, to make the tablet more efficient
The Samsung Galaxy S3 is the company’s best tablet offering to date and comes with everything you need to get started straight away. It has a high-quality OLED display and a pen-operated Air Command menu means the stylus isn’t just useful for drawing and making notes. Plus, it never needs to be charged. The S3 has four powerful integrated speakers and an HDR-ready, future-proofed screen. While the stylus comes included with this tablet, if you’re looking to transform this into a multipurpose device with the addition of a keyboard then you’ll have to pay extra.
- 2048 x 1536 resolution with 4096 levels of pressure sensitivity
- Comes with a stylus included, making it more cost-effective than some other brands
- Compatible with various apps and programs, including Autodesk SketchBook
The Turcom TS-6610 tablet has a solid, durable design despite being lightweight, so it’s great for taking with you on the move. The TS-6610 has the functionality to program eight shortcut keys for faster working and maximum workflow. This tablet comes with a digital pen that provides 2048 levels of sensitivity, allowing for great variations in line width, opacity and creative designs. For users looking for greater accuracy, the high response rate speed of the TS-6610 will impress at 220RPS for smooth, highly-accurate and lag-free drawing. This is a fantastic tablet for beginners who want to try out digital sketching without making a hefty investment right away.
- Lightweight design, weighing in at just 2.2 pounds
- Features eight express key shortcuts for convenience and efficiency
- Comes with a great 5080LPI resolution and a report rate of 220RPS
The Huion H610 Pro Graphic Tablet is designed for space-saving, with a narrow and thin design that makes it perfectly suited to desk work. The tablet has 2048 levels of pressure sensitivity for accuracy and the eight customizable buttons make for easier working that’s tailored to your needs and the tools you use most often. The tablet also has 16 hotkeys at the top and sides that make tasks like scrolling or zooming in and out easier. This level of customization is one of the greatest aspects of the H610. One of the best features of the H610 is that the draw and touch areas are separated, so you don’t need to worry if your palm accidentally touches the screen as your artwork and designs will remain unspoiled.
- Ultra-slim design that makes it great for portability and office work where space saving is key
- Has six-meter wireless connectivity and a long battery life of up to 40 hours
- The device comes with 8 programmable buttons for greater efficiency
A budget-friendly tablet with great features and the quality you’d expect from a Wacom product, the Wacom Bamboo CTL471 offers brilliant quality and ergonomics, making it fun and easy to work with. While the active area is a bit smaller for this model, at 5.8 x 3.6-inches, it is compatible with Mac OS X and Windows OS, and comes with a bamboo pen with three spare nibs for drawing different thicknesses. If you’re looking for a tablet to trial digitized drawing and designing, the Bamboo CTL471 is a great option that provides a resolution of 2540LPI and 1024 pressure levels to play around with. The improved texture of the screen gives this tablet a more realistic feel when drawing or writing, which is a major perk for creatives who want to feel as though they’re using paper while still benefitting from the features of a digitized version.
- Super lightweight design at just 0.53 pounds
- Has 1024 levels of pressure sensitivity and a report rate of 133RPS
- The tablet is reversible, making it great for both right and left-hand users
For many artists and designers, there’s nothing quite like the feeling of drawing on paper. The Wacom Intuos Pro Paper Edition combines this feeling with the editable nature of technology – it enables users to capture and upload pen-to-paper artwork in a digital format in raster or vector files. The removable paper clip and gel pen are used in tandem with the tablet, simply by placing the paper over the tablet and sketching as normal. The work will be captured on the tablet, even when you’re not connected to the internet, with up to 4 times higher accuracy than earlier versions of the tablet and tilt recognition.
- Features 8192 levels of pressure sensitivity and is virtually lag-free thanks to the Pro Pen 2 technology
- The paper-to-digital feature lets you capture editable versions of your sketches then refine with any software you like
- Comes with a detachable Paper Clip and Finetip Pen for sketching on paper
Designed for beginners and students who want to pursue their creativity on a more casual basis, the Simbans PicassoTab tablet is a great option that comes with a pen and pre-installed Autodesk SketchBook app for taking notes or drawing. The PicassoTab has a 10-inch IPS HD display with vivid clarity at any angle, so you can sketch, play games or watch movies without the experience being compromised. For any artist looking for a cost-effective product, this tablet is a fantastic choice that delivers great results.
- 1-inch tablet with 16.9 IPS touch screen and 32GB in storage which can be upgraded with a SD card
- Battery-powered pen means you don’t have to rely on wireless connectivity to use it
- Palm-rejection makes for easy and comfortable drawing
Comfortable to use, the Huion Inspiroy Q11K has ergonomic design features, a large 11-inch active area to reduce user fatigue by giving you space to rest your wrist while you’re working, and incredible pressure sensitivity for hairline accuracy and great performance. This tablet allows you to work anywhere with its wireless design and exceptional battery life, enabling you to work well into the night without the fear of it running out of power before you’ve finished the task at hand. The Q11K has eight programmable shortcut keys for efficient working too.
- Ergonomic design for maximum comfort when drawing or designing, as well as an 11-inch active area for efficient work
- Has 8192 levels of pressure sensitivity for incredible accuracy and opportunity for greater creativity
- Includes up to 40 hours of battery life on a single charge
The Huion KAMVAS GT-191 tablet is fantastic for designers, providing incredible clarity and presenting 16.7 million colors with a 25ms response time. This is a hugely powerful tablet that has over 8,000 levels of pen pressure sensitivity, providing you with additional z-axis precision when you’re bringing your art to life. The rechargeable stylus has two assignable gesture buttons and is ultra-responsive when you’re drawing on the tablet, but is also compatible with Windows and Mac, and Adobe Suite. The tablet comes with the pen as well as a writing glove and extra pen nibs for when you wear out the existing one.
- Features a 233PPS report rate and a 5081LPI resolution for quicker recognition and better display effects
- Comes with a pen that has 8192 levels of pressure sensitivity
- Includes a pen stand that has a built-in nib extractor and eight spare nibs with it
Premium Pick Singtrix Party Bundle Premium Edition Home Karaoke System The ultimate in karaoke, this premium system is one for serious karaoke enthusiasts. It comes with over 300 effects, has three levels of enhancement from beginner to pro, and works great with...