10 Best Sliding Compound Mitre Saws in 2018
Festool Kapex KS 120 Sliding Compound Miter Saw
The Kapex KS 120 by Festool is the ideal pick for professionals. It’s engineered to the best standards with a compact and lightweight design that’s perfect for workshops and job sites. It delivers expert quality cuts and has some excellent features as well.
Hitachi C10FCG Sliding Compound Miter Saw
The Hitachi C10FCG keeps things simple with the best of everything you’ll need from a miter saw. It’s durable, versatile and powerful straight out of the box, and performs well on materials other than just wood for great adaptability.
Evolution RAGE3 Multipurpose Cutting Compound Sliding Miter Saw
The Evolution RAGE3 provides excellent versatility with its multipurpose cutting technology and delivers smooth, accurate cutting with minimal burrs and heat for an instantly workable and professional finish. This is a reliable tool that allows for adjustable miter and bevel cutting on various materials.
Compound Slide Mitre Saw Buying Guide
When shopping for new tools, you want to ensure you’re getting the most bang for your buck with a product that can tackle multiple tasks. Compound sliding mitre saws are just the thing for versatility and adaptability, in the sense that you can move the blade back and forwards for increased cutting length. The addition of the sliding function means it can also handle different material thicknesses as well, such as fence posts or lumber, which regular compound miter saws wouldn’t be able to cope with. They have all the features of a compound miter saw but provide more flexibility. A sliding compound miter saw is one of the most useful tools to have on hand. Nothing compares when it comes to making completely accurate 90-degree crosscuts when you’re working with larger pieces of wood and it can also pivot to make angled miter cuts. With this tool, you can make really complicated cuts without any fuss, saving you time and effort as well as providing excellent results. This handy piece of equipment is a must-have for professionals and amateurs alike, but there are various factors that determine the type of saw you’ll need. For example, what sort of power do you need? If you’ll be moving the equipment around to different locations, are you looking something that’s light and offers portability? Is precision your top priority? The following list features ten of the best sliding compound miter saws for various needs and requirements to help you achieve your best work.
One of the biggest names in the industry, DeWalt is sure to deliver when it comes to high-quality tools and the DWS709 is no exception. The powerful 15-amp motor provides extreme power and durability while the tall fences allow great support for crown moulding, while sliding out of the way when you’re making bevel cuts. This tool has a carbide blade and delivers fast yet highly accurate cuts, as well as finer details that make for ease of use and a long-lasting piece of equipment, such as protective pads on the stainless steel plates to prevent wear. The machine miters 60-degrees to the right and 50-degrees to the left, providing you with increased capacity when it comes to machining different materials. It weighs just 51 pounds so it can be moved around easily too, particularly useful if you’re taking it to different jobsites.
- Detent plates adjust to 13 positive stops to improve accuracy
- Oversized, easy-to-read bevel scale
- Features a 15-amp motor and up to 3,800RPM
The Makita LS1018 Dual Slide Compound Miter Saw is an incredibly strong piece of equipment that has a linear ball bearing system for precision cuts. Right out of the box, this saw provides a large cutting capacity and accuracy, with 4,300RPM and a powerful 13-amp motor. Despite the strength from this compound saw, it’s quite lightweight – it weighs just under 44 pounds – so it delivers easy portability. The LS1018 has a smooth start-up feature and an electric brake for maximum productivity, as well as a see-through blade guard system so you can easily see the blade and the line of cutting.
- The large aluminium precision base supports the material for precision cuts
- Oversized trigger allows for additional comfort and easier operation
- Ergonomic design with a rubberized D-handle for a better and more comfortable fit
The Tacklife PMS02X delivers excellent power and durability, with a no-load speed of 3,500RPM and a 12-inch blade to tackle wood, mild steel, aluminium and other crosscutting jobs. It has a horizontal handle that allows for better control as well as a dust collector for easy clean-up after each job or project. The larger table provides better support with the vice clamping system securing the workpiece fully to minimize the material from moving around. The PMS02X has adjustable bevel stops so you can ensure complete precision, as well as an adjustable stainless-steel miter detent plate with nine positive stops.
- Features a 15-amp motor which generates no-load speeds of up to 3,500RPM
- The cutting depth can be adjusted to allow for trenching or grooving
- Ergonomic design includes an elastomer grip for reduced vibrations and better control
The Hitachi C10FCG Sliding Compound Miter Saw has a 15-amp motor delivers speeds of up to 5,000RPM and has a large support table and vice for securing the workpiece in place. This tool makes creating precise miter cuts and angled cuts so easy – the bevel range allows for clean bevel cuts while the angle range enables increased flexibility. If you’re looking for equipment that provides the smoothest and most accurate crosscuts for a variety of materials, the Hitachi Compound Miter Saw is ideal. It works well with wood, panels, hardboard, aluminium and more. It’s reliable and durable, as well as allowing you to pre-set points at set angles. With a five-year warranty, you can rest assured that you’ll be investing in a quality saw that’s guaranteed to deliver great results.
- Easy to make quick miter adjustments with thumb activated positive stops
- Lightweight for easy transportation and manoeuvrability
- The dust collecting system minimizes airborne dust particles and makes for easy clean-up
Compact and lightweight, the Festool Kapex KS 120 is one of the most advanced sliding compound miter saws on the market that matches some of the bigger brands for versatility and results. From its precision cuts, simple adjustment options, quality mechanisms and effective dust extraction, every aspect of this saw makes it well worth the investment if you’re in need of a high-quality miter saw for regular use. The dual lasers make sure that your cutting is even more precise and allow you to align cuts from both sides of the blade. These lasers can also be fine-tuned using the three-axle controls. In terms of slider saws, this particular model is incredibly convenient and portable.
- Micro-adjustable bevel angle with an up-front rotary knob, large bevel scale and finer pointers for precision angles
- Features an angle transfer device that automatically bisects transferred angles to the saw for better alignment
- The rail forward design and dual laser increases accuracy
A popular choice among professionals, the DeWalt DWS780 is a top-quality saw that sets the standard for precision cutting. This isn’t a tool for amateurs or those who dabble in a bit of woodworking here and there, but it’s a fantastic investment for those who want the very best woodworking tools and want to achieve professional standards every time. There’s an incredible 11cm cutting depth on this powerful product, giving you the ability to cut through large timbers on construction sites or for large projects. The DWS780 has a quick release setting for bevels to give you accurate but quick results, and dust is well managed to keep your work space clean and airborne particles to a minimum.
- Designed specifically for easy, hassle-free use and portability
- 15-amp motor generates speeds of up to 3,600RPM
- Features a carbide blade, dust bag, wrench and manual, as well as an adjustable laser system for accuracy
Simple yet highly effective, the Evolution RAGE3 Sliding Miter Saw is a brilliant choice for multipurpose cutting through a variety of materials, from wood and mild steel to plastics and aluminium. The RAGE3 weighs just 39 pounds and is easy to manoeuvre so it’s great for portability if you’re transporting it between jobs. The blade cuts through a range of materials with ease and delivers incredibly smooth results. There are some great features with this model, such as an in-line handle for ambidextrous use and a laser guidance system. One of the more unexpected things with this miter saw is that there is a little assembly required when you first take it out of the box, but it doesn’t take more than a few minutes to get this up and running.
- Features a 45-degree left and right miter system with nine positive stops and a 0-45-degree bevel tilt
- High grade carbide tipped blade provides incredibly strength and versatility
- Has adjustable cutting depth to allow for grooving and trenching
The Milwaukee 6955-20 makes light work of cutting accurate, precision cuts, even on odd angles. This tool has a digital readout that lets you correct the angle to one-tenth of a degree, while the 15-amp motor delivers excellent, high-performance power. The 6955-20 model is safer than other models, with dual-integral lights and a soft-start motor, as well as an electric brake function. As Milwaukee is a trusted brand in the industry, you know you’ll be getting a high-quality product and the consistent cutting speed and clean results, along with its ease of use, will mean you’ll be using this for years to come.
- Digital readout gives complete accuracy to 0.1 degree
- The in-built dust channel captures 75% of the dust and debris from cutting
- The fine adjustment and detent override make it easy to dial-in a perfectly accurate miter angle
The Makita LS1019L Sliding Compound Miter Saw with Laser functionality has a formidable 15-amp direct drive motor which delivers speeds of up to 3,200RPM. It has an increased capacity to accommodate up to 12-inch crosscuts and miters 0-60o left and right, and bevels 0-48o left and right. To enhance the length of the gears, the LS1019L has a soft start-up function to suppress the start-up reaction which makes for more consistent power without the need to replace belts, and the aluminium base allows for better stability when you’re cutting different materials.
- Unique two-steel sliding system allows for singular slide-glide operation, even flush against a wall
- Its compact design makes it easy to transport to jobsites and ideal for storing
- The direct drive gearbox and guard system is designed to improve vertical cutting capacity
Despite its affordability, the HYD-Parts Sliding Compound Miter Saw offers fantastic results with laser cutline guides that allow for professional-level results. The alignment system also requires no re-calibration so you can continue to work smoothly and with precision every time. This model has a wide cutting depth that meets most specifications and also efficiently collects sawdust to free up your workspace and minimize the accumulation of airborne particles. With its vibration-reducing handle, the saw remains in your complete control at all times and is comfortable to use, so you don’t need to worry about larger jobs leading to fatigue.
- 15-amp motor generates speeds of up to 3,800RPM with extended power and excellent durability
- Ultra-bright LED light provides a laser-like shadow for highly efficient work and great results
- Dual bevel system has a clear and easy-to-read scale for simple angle adjustment