How to cure chronic constipation? Constipation is a very common health issue that mainly happens due to a digestive disorder. It could happen at any age from an infant to an old man. You should not worry if you are not having bowel movements every day. Worry starts when you want to go and are unable to evacuate your stool.
Sometimes constipation resolves itself without any treatment. But if it does not resolve itself then you need to pay intention because it could be a problem of chronic severe constipation. There are many ways to cure constipation including a change in eating habits and exercise. Natural remedies are also an effective way to chronic severe constipation cure.
As we know constipation is infrequent, irregular, or difficult in the evacuation of stool. It happens in the large intestine which is responsible for evacuating and packaging the tool.
When food moves through the intestine, it absorbs water in the stool making the process. In bowel, movement intestine passes the stool to the rectum. By that time Stool becomes hard because of water absorbed by the intestine. It may cause irregular evacuation of stool.
There are many other causes of constipation. Here we will let you know how to cure normal and chronic constipation at home.
- 1 Types of Constipation
- 2 How To Cure Chronic Constipation – Symptoms
- 3 How To Cure Chronic Constipation – Home Remedies
- 4 How To Cure Chronic Constipation With Ayurvedic medicine and Remedies?
- 5 Yoga And Exercises To Cure Chronic Constipation
- 6 Closing Thoughts
Types of Constipation
- Common or Occasional Constipation.
- Chronic Constipation.
- Constipation during pregnancy.
- Constipation because of age.
- Idiopathic Constipation.
How To Cure Chronic Constipation – Symptoms
- Painful bowel moment
- Irregular bowel moment
- Dry or Small Stool
- Abdominal pain and swelling
- Nausea and vomiting
- Bad breath
- Belly Pain
- Mouth Ulcer
- Loss of appetite
Causes of Constipation, why it happens?
- Medicines that contain calcium or aluminum could be one of the reasons for constipation.
- Poor Diet
- Low level of water
- Less physical activity
- Eating a lot of dairy products
- Colon Cancer
- Overuse of laxatives
- Nerves and muscles problem in the digestive system
- Weak abdominal muscles
So there is so many symptoms and reason to happen constipation. Constipation is one of those health problems which you can cure at home effectively. Change in daily diet routine and doing some physical activity can easily cure normal or occasional constipation.
There are many effective natural home remedies for chronic constipation cure. We suggest you go naturally before visiting a doctor.
How To Cure Chronic Constipation – Home Remedies
1. Olive Oil
Olive oil is a very useful home remedy for constipation. It helps to soften stool which can easily pass through the colon. If you take olive oil on a daily basis it also keeps you away from constipation.
Way to use olive oil for constipation treatment:
- Take one tablespoon of olive oil in the morning before having anything every day for better results.
- You can mix one spoon of lemon juice with olive oil to make it tasty and effective to cure constipation.
- Lemon is also good for digestion so olive oil becomes more effective.
2. Castor Oil
Castor oil is a stimulant laxative, it stimulates the large and small intestines to make bowel movement easy.
Way to use
- Taking one tablespoon of castor oil in the morning before having anything is a good remedy for constipation treatment.
Note: Don’t take castor oil regularly because it may cause you some side effects.
As honey is considered a mild laxative, it is very effective in the constipation problem. One can easily prevent and cure constipation by taking honey regularly.
Way to use for constipation cure
- Taking 2 teaspoons of honey 3 times a day helps you to ease bowel moment.
- Mix two tablespoons of honey and one tablespoon of lemon juice with lukewarm water and drink this empty stomach in the morning.
- It is one of the proven home remedies for constipation.
Blackstrap Molasses syrup is made of pure sugar. It is high in calories, vitamins, and minerals which help to ease bowel movement. Molasses has mild laxative properties which make bowel movement easy. It is a highly recommended natural remedy for constipation cure.
Ways to use Molasses remedies for chronic constipation cure
- One tablespoon of molasses before bed makes ease your constipation in the morning and provides relief from constipation.
- You can also add molasses to your breakfast meal. One tablespoon of blackstrap molasses with milk, coffee, smoothies, and cereals in the morning will break your constipation.
- Two or three tablespoons of Molasses with two or three tablespoons of peanuts in the morning help you to provide relief from constipation.
- You can use blackstrap molasses with honey, or make a mixture of an equal amount. And take one tablespoon of this mixture 3 times a day to get rid of constipation.
5. Ginger and Mint Tea
Ginger and mint tea is another useful remedy for constipation. Peppermint is full of menthol, which is known for its antispasmodic effect and is used for the relaxation of the digestive system.
Way to use
- Make mint and ginger tea add one teaspoon of honey to increase its taste.
- You will feel better within hours from constipation.
See: Home Remedies for Gas Pain Relief
Grapes are rich in fibers which help to ease bowel moment and help to get rid of constipation.
Ways to use grapes
- Eating a bowl full of grapes daily provide relief and also prevents constipation.
- You can drink one glass of grape juice daily.
- Boil 10 to 15 grapes in milk for 3 minutes and drink this solution in the evening.
- For better results use seedless grapes. This remedy works at any age but recommends for young children.
7. Baking Soda
Baking soda is a very good remedy for constipation treatment. It contains sodium bicarbonate when it reacts with acids in the stomach that produces salt, carbon dioxide, and water. It will ease bowel movement and clean your colon.
Way to use baking soda
- Take 1 teaspoon of baking soda and mix with one-fourth glass of lukewarm water
- Drink in the morning to get rid of constipation.
Lemon stimulates the digestive system and eases the bowel moment. This simplest and most effective home remedy for constipation cure.
Way to use
- Take one lemon and extract the juice from half glass of warm water.
- You can add one teaspoon of honey and half a tablespoon of table salt for a better result.
- Drink this natural remedy in the morning.
- You can simply drink lemon water in the morning before having anything.
- It also helps to ease your constipation.
Figs are one of the effective natural herbal remedies to cure chronic constipation. They are full of fiber and natural laxatives, so include figs in your diet. Fresh and dried figs can be used to get rid of constipation.
Ways to use figs to cure chronic constipation
- Eating fresh figs with the skin is a good treatment for constipation.
- Don’t remove the skin because it contains fiber.
- Take three almonds and figs, and soak them in water for 4 hours.
- Peel the almonds and make a paste of them by grinding figs.
- Take this paste with one tablespoon of honey before going to bed.
10. Flax Seeds
Flax seeds are another natural herbal remedy for chronic constipation treatment. This herbal remedy is full of fiber and omega-3 fatty acids. It also has laxative properties which can cure normal or severe chronic constipation.
Way to use flax seeds:
- Mix one glass of water with flax seeds and keep it for 4 hours. Drink water the night before going to bed. It will provide you relief from constipation by the morning.
- Eating flax seeds directly with water is also a helpful remedy to cure chronic constipation.
- Take two-three teaspoons of flax seeds with one glass of water before going to bed.
- It will give you relief by the morning.
How To Cure Chronic Constipation With Ayurvedic medicine and Remedies?
Ayurvedic herbal remedies are one of the perfect and most proven ways to cure constipation. Baba Ramdev Patanjali ayurvedic remedies are also a good treatment for constipation.
Please follow the below remedies to get rid of constipation
- Abhyarishta- Three to four teaspoons of Abhyarishta with the same amount of water after having a meal will ease your bowel movement.
- Avipattikar churna- Two teaspoons of this churna (powder) with water or milk twice a day can cure chronic constipation.
- Divya Churna Powder for constipation: This is a Baba Ramdev ayurvedic natural herbal remedy to cure constipation. Take two teaspoons of this churna twice a day with lukewarm milk or water.
- Divya Triphala churna: Another Baba Ramdev remedy for constipation treatment. Take two teaspoons of this churn with water or milk twice a day.
Yoga And Exercises To Cure Chronic Constipation
Yoga is another way to cure constipation at home. Performing yogasan in the morning could ease your bowel movement. For instructions on how to perform the below yoga, you can watch Baba Ramdev’s video on youtube.
- Pawan Mukta asana
- Vajra asana
- Yog mudra
- Dhanur asana
As they say, prevention is better than cure. To be fit and keep yourself away from constipation you need to change your lifestyle. Constipation is mainly happened because of a bad diet and less physical activity. Follow the below steps to prevent constipation:-
- Diet- The most common reason for constipation is diet. If your diet contains less fiber food and more junk food then you are highly likely to suffer from constipation. We suggest you eat more vegetables, and fruits that contain fiber. Avoid eating food that contains a high amount of fat like eggs, cheese, and meats to prevent constipation.
- Drink more liquid- Drink more water and juice to avoid soft drinks that contain chemicals.
- Physical activity- Stop being lazy and hit the road. Exercise is the most suitable way to prevent constipation.
You can also check: