How to Cure Kidney Infection? The kidney is a very important organ of the human body that filters harmful toxins from the blood. You should not ignore any kind of pain in the kidney whether it is mild or severe. If you are having stomach aches, abdominal pain and a frequent urge to urinate and burning during urination these could be the sign of kidney infection.
Kidney infection mainly occurs due to urinary tract infection (UTI). There are many home remedies that cure kidney infection cure without antibiotics. Mainly these remedies are preventive in nature so they can cure mild kidney infections and help with severe infection. If you are having a severe kidney so consult with your doctor.
- 1 What is a kidney infection?
- 2 Signs & Symptoms of Kidney Infection
- 3 10 Effective Home Remedies for Kidney Infection Cure
- 4 How Long Does a Kidney Infection Last?
- 5 How To Cure Kidney Infection? – 6 Prevention Tips
What is a kidney infection?
A kidney infection is mainly associated with a urinary tract infection which is also known as pyelonephritis. It occurs when bacteria cause infection to your bladder and if it’s not treated on time leads to a kidney infection.
Else we can say it occurs when harmful toxins and bacteria stay in the bladder or urinary tract. A kidney infection can be life-threatening if left untreated.
What Cause Kidney Infection?
There are many causes of kidney infection which include.
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
- Kidney Stone
- Pregnancy – Kidney infection can occur in a pregnant woman because of pressure put by the baby on the urinary tract.
Signs & Symptoms of Kidney Infection
- Urgent need for urination.
- Burning sensation while urinating.
- Blood in urine or painful urination.
- Back pain or pain in the abdomen
- Loss of appetite
- Kidney infection can cause swelling of the ankle, hands, legs, or feet.
- Pain around the genital area
10 Effective Home Remedies for Kidney Infection Cure
Kidney infection can lead to a serious health condition and sometimes it can be life-threatening. The doctor gives you heavy doses of antibiotics for a kidney infection.
There are many proven natural home remedies which can help you to cure kidney infections without antibiotics. But if you have severe symptoms of like fever and sharp pain because of kidney infection then visit your doctor as soon as possible.
1. Keep Your Body Hydrated
Drinking lots of water is a good home remedy for a kidney infection. It can help you to get rid of the infection as well as prevent you from happening again. Drinking lots of water also help to prevent forming of a kidney stone.
Water helps to dilute urine and flush out bacteria through urination. We recommend you drink 8-10 glasses of water daily. Make sure drinking water should be de-mineralized.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is one of the most effective home remedies for a kidney infection. Due to the acidic nature of ACV, it helps to kill bacteria which can cause infection.
- Take a tablespoon of ACV and add one glass of water. Drink this diluted ACV after every three hours.
- You can also mix 2 tablespoons of honey and 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar into a glass of water.
- Drink this home remedy once in a day until you get rid of a kidney infection.
Read: Home Remedies for Passing Kidney Stones
3. Vitamin C
The perfect treatment for kidney infection without antibiotics is to increase the intake of vitamin C. It will improve your immune system to fight against bacteria. Add fruits and fruit juice to your diet which contain a high amount of Vitamin C.
- Eat more citric fruits like oranges, grapefruits, kiwis, strawberries, etc. You can take 2 grapefruits a day.
- Consume food like broccoli, potatoes, sprouts, and tomatoes because they contain a high amount of vitamin C.
- You can also take Vitamin C supplements once a day but consult with your doctor first.
Marshmallow is a good natural herb for kidney infection because of their diuretic nature. This herb helps to increase urine flow and flush out bacteria.
It also cures any damage to cells in the urinary tract system due to its antioxidant property. Diabetes patients and pregnant women should avoid this home remedy.
- You need one tablespoon of dried root of marshmallow steeped in one glass of hot water for 10 minutes.
- Now strain this mixture and drink two-three times a day.
5. Baking Soda
Another very effective home remedy for a kidney infection. It also helps to remove a kidney stones and fight against bacteria in the urinary tract.
- Take ½ teaspoon of baking soda and mix with one glass of water.
- Drink this mixture empty stomach to get rid of kidney infection without antibiotics.
Note: Do not overuse baking soda as this can be harmful to your body. If you feel any symptoms like nausea, vomiting, and abdominal pain after consuming baking soda then consult with your doctor.
Read: 10 Home Remedies for Urine Retention
6. Celery Seed Tea
Another herbal remedy for kidney infection is Cure is also known as Apium Graveolens. It helps to clear the bacteria from the kidney which can cause an infection. Celery seed has antifungal and antibacterial properties that fight bacteria and prevent infection.
- Take a hot cup of water and add a tablespoon of celery seeds in it.
- Let it steep this mixture for 5 minutes. Now strain this mixture and drink once in a day.
- Drink this remedy 3 times a week until you get better.
Note: Pregnant women should avoid this home remedy as this is a uterine stimulant herb.
7. Epsom Salt
This home remedy helps to detoxification of your kidney. Epsom salt removes harmful toxins and bacteria from your body.
- You need to take a bath with Epsom salt water to detoxify your body and prevent kidney infection.
- Add Epsom salt to your bathtub and let it mix properly with water.
- Now soak yourself for 30 minutes. Take this bath 3-4 times a week until you get rid of a kidney infection.
8. Drink Lemon Juice
Lemon is a wonderful home remedy for a kidney infection. Due to the acidic nature of lemon, it helps to kill bacteria present in the urinary tract. It also cures urinary tract infections (UTIs).
- Take a glass of warm water and add 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice in it.
- Drink this mixture empty stomach every day until you get rid of the infection.
See: How to Stop Frequent Urination Naturally
9. Cranberry Juice
Another very effective home remedy to cure kidney infection without going to the doctor. It helps to flush out the bacteria from the kidney. Cranberry juice is a wonderful home remedy for urinary tract infections.
Do not drink too much cranberry juice because overuse of it can increase infection.
- Take a cup of cranberry and boil them until they start popping up.
- Now let them cool down and blend them with a glass of water. Drink this juice empty stomach once a day.
- Avoid adding extra sugar to it. You can add some honey to it if you don’t like the taste.
10. Cucumber Water
Cucumber water is a very effective natural home remedy for a kidney infection. It keeps your body hydrated and helps to flush out harmful toxins.
- Drink 2-3 glasses of cucumber water every day.
- You can add cucumber to your diet as a salad.
How Long Does a Kidney Infection Last?
Normally mild kidney infection lasts for 2 days. For severe kidney infections, it may take more than 2 days to get better after you start treatment. If symptoms of kidney infection keep coming back after you get better then go for more medical checkups.
How To Cure Kidney Infection? – 6 Prevention Tips
Kidney infection can be a life-threatening disease. So if you are suffering from a kidney infection you need to make some changes in your dietary habits and lifestyle.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Avoid having constipation as this can increase your kidney infection.
- Add food to your diet which contains a high amount of fibre.
- Do not hold urine in the bladder. You should pee as possible if you have the urge to urinate.
- Don’t forget to urinate after sex.
- Be careful while using contraceptives.
A kidney infection can be a very painful bacterial infection. The main cause of this infection is bacteria present in the urinary tract. Kidney infection is not a serious health condition if it is treated on time. But if you ignore this infection and are left untreated it can damage your kidney. Mild kidney infections can be treated without antibiotics.
There are many home remedies which can stop kidney infection effectively. If you have a severe infection then consult with your doctor. Please leave your suggestion and feedback in the comment box.
You can also check: