How to Postpone Periods naturally? Period or menopause is a natural process in a woman’s life. But, during the menstrual cycle, different women struggle with different types of pain, sensation, or amount of bleeding.
The period occurs every month, but sometimes it happens at the wrong time like you have planned a vacation, or wedding to attend, or some college or school function.
It is very tough to go on vacation, to a wedding, or to any function during the menstrual cycle. So most women look to postpone their periods in these situations.
There are many medicines available to postpone the menstrual cycle but the natural way to delay periods at home is perfect and free of side effects.
- 1 How To Postpone Periods Naturally?
- 2 10 Effective Home Remedies To Postpone Periods
- 3 List Of 8 Important Foods to Postpone Periods
- 4 Yoga or Exercise to Postpone the menstrual cycle
How To Postpone Periods Naturally?
Many women wonder “how can I stop period permanently“, but it is not possible naturally. You can only postpone your periods for some time but not permanently. Natural remedies are a very efficient and proven way to postpone periods.
Taking pills can have a harmful effect on your health and damage your reproductive organs. So, the period delay pill is not a safe way at all. Try natural ways so that it won’t affect your health.
10 Effective Home Remedies To Postpone Periods
Home remedies are considered to be the most effective way to delay the menstrual cycle. Change in your eating habit plays a big role to postpone a period. Follow the below home remedies to delay the period at home.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is used to treat multiple health problems like psoriasis, yeast infection, typhoid, heartburn, etc. It is also a fantastic natural way to delay the period at home. Many women want to stop or postpone their period because of different reasons so drink ACV and get rid of the period for a week.
- Take one tablespoon of ACV and mix it with one glass of water.
- Drink this natural remedy before going to bed.
- Do this remedy at least one week before your menstrual cycle.
2. Licorice Root
This natural herb helps to cure mouth ulcers and jaundice but is also a proven home remedy for postponing a period. Liquorice root is an excellent way to balance your hormone and stop bleeding naturally.
- Take a cup of drained rice water and add 4 gm of liquorice powder to it.
- Drink this mixture regularly for a week. It will stop your bleeding and delay the period.
3. Sacred Fig
Another excellent home remedy for the period delay is natural. Figs help to regulate body hormones and work as a stress reliever.
- Take a handful of sacred leave and blend them for 5 minutes with water.
- Drink this home remedy for a week to stop bleeding.
- Do this remedy before your menstrual cycle and during the period.
Read: How to Stop Period Pain Naturally
4. Gram Lentils
It is well known that pulses are an excellent source of protein and gram lentils are mostly used pulses. Gram lentils are also very helpful to stop periods naturally.
- Take 100 gm gram lentils, and fry them till they become soft and brown. Then grind the brown gram lentils into a fine powder.
- Now prepare soup keeping gram lentils as the base ingredient.
- Consume this soup one week before your menstrual cycle to get good results.
- Eat this soup in the morning empty stomach.
5. Parsley Leaves
Parsley leaves are good natural medicine to avoid pregnancy and treat menstrual cramps. It also helps to delay menopause. Parsley is a good source of Vitamins A, C, B, and B12 which help to control bleeding and period pain.
- Take half a litre of water, and add a handful of leaves of parsley to it. Heat the water until it reaches the boiling point. Then strain the water and add one tablespoon of honey.
- Drink this remedy three times a day. You should start drinking this one week of your menstrual cycle. For better results, drink this while it is still warm.
Lemon contains citric acid which can be used to control the menstrual cycle. It can also cause you extra pain during your next menstrual cycle. But it varies from woman to woman.
- Take two teaspoons of lemon juice with water one week before your menstrual cycle.
- You can also chew or suck lemon slides 3-4 times a day.
7. Raspberry leaves
You have a vacation coming which matches the menstrual cycle date. In that case, you must be thinking to take a pill to delay the period, but raspberry leaves can help you delay the period for a couple of days.
- Prepare a tea from raspberry leaves and drink it one week before your menstrual cycle.
- It will help you to postpone your menstrual cycle without any pills or side effects.
8. Angelica Root
Another excellent natural medicine is to control the period. It works as a stress reliever and regulates your body’s hormones.
- Tale raspberry leaves, angelica root and garden sage leaves, add them to a cup of water, and heat them to the boiling point.
- Now let it cool down and keep it in the freezer.
- Drink two tablespoons of this mixture every day.
- You should start taking this homemade remedy one week before your menstrual cycle.
9. The Chia Seed
Chia seeds are a very beneficial natural herb to avoid periods naturally at home. It helps to maintain hormone balance in your body and also relieves stress. This natural remedy also helps to control excessive bleeding during the period.
- Take one tablespoon of chia seed and soak it in a cup of water for a night.
- Drink this water in the morning empty stomach.
- You can also add one teaspoon of sugar for taste.
- Drink this remedy before 5-6 days of your menstrual cycle.
Gelatin is an excellent natural remedy to delay periods of vacation or any other occasion. If you don’t have gelatin at your home, then you can get it from grocery shops. You should take this remedy 4-5 days before your period.
- Take a glass of warm water and add one pack of gelatin to it.
- Keep it for five minutes and then sip it for 15 minutes. Drink this remedy three times a day for good results.
See: White, Yellow Discharge During Pregnancy?
List Of 8 Important Foods to Postpone Periods
Eating habits play a big role to delay your period. The wrong food can disturb your hormone level and increase the duration of your menstrual cycle. But eating right can help to maintain your hormone level and reduce stress which can help to delay periods and reduce excessive bleeding.
- Increase the consumption of bananas and sweet potatoes. They are rich in potassium and help to reduce excessive bleeding.
- Eat pulses because they contain protein which helps to maintain hormone levels in your body.
- Carrots can help you to stop bleeding and reduce the duration of the menstrual cycle.
- Eat fish or products which contain omega-3.
- Add yoghurt and raisins to your diet because they also help you to control your bleeding.
- Papaya is another good food to delay periods and also helps to prevent pregnancy.
- Try to avoid spicy and junk foods
- Drink plenty of water to reduce bleeding.
Yoga or Exercise to Postpone the menstrual cycle
Physical exercise is another simple and very effective method to delay a period without pills. Doing a workout in the gym or playing an outdoor sport can genuinely help in delaying the menstrual cycle. But do not stretch your body too much because that can break your muscle.
You can also perform yoga or aerobics at home to delay the period. Yoga will help you to relieve mental stress and maintain a good hormone balance in your body.
Doing a workout daily will also reduce pain during the period. When you start doing exercise, you should also eat healthily.
Many women search for tips or remedies to delay periods for a few days while they have some vacation or occasion coming. The period during a holiday or wedding can be disturbing and mood upsetting.
Taking pills to delay the period is very risky because they can have bad side effects on your body. So we recommend you use natural ways to delay the period. Follow the above home remedy to postpone the period. If you know about any home remedy which we forget to mention write in the comment box below.
You can also check: