How to Remove Whiteheads on Nose? This is a very common concern among people as most of us go through this problem once in our lifetime but there’s a solution to it.
Whiteheads or blackheads are a very common problem and can be treated with natural home remedies. They are basically a type of acne and pimple. It’s very annoying and can make your beautiful skin look ugly. This problem mainly occurs in people with oily skin.
There are other reasons for whiteheads as well such as pollution, smoking, an unhealthy diet, etc. There are many over-the-counter creams and oil available to cure whiteheads but natural remedies are the safest and cheapest way to remove whiteheads from the nose or face.
What Are Whiteheads?
They are a type of acne or a pimple and are similar to blackheads but white in color. Whiteheads occur when oil, bacteria, or dead skin tissue is stuck inside the pour of your skin. But whiteheads are difficult to remove as compared to blackheads.
They don’t come out so easily so treatment for whiteheads is a bit challenging. More than 80% of Americans suffer from whiteheads at some point of time in their life.
Causes for Whiteheads
It is not entirely clear why whiteheads or acne occur on the face. It could be because of hormone change. Other causes of blackheads include:-
- Hormone Change
- Puberty or menstruation can cause whiteheads or acne.
- Birth control pills
- Certain medicine
- High-level sebum
- The use of certain cosmetics can cause whiteheads
- Humidity can be another reason for whiteheads
- Poor facial hygiene
- Junk food or oily food
Home Remedies For Whiteheads On Nose Or Face
Whiteheads are a bit challenging to remove as compared to blackheads. There are many natural and effective ways to cure whiteheads naturally.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is a good natural remedy To Remove Whiteheads on the Face. It works as an astringent and removes excess oil from the skin and makes your skin whiten.
Using apple cider vinegar also helps to remove a pimple because of its antiseptic and antibacterial properties.
- Take one cup of water and add one tablespoon of ACV. Now mix it well and apply this mixture to your face and nose with help of a cotton ball. Leave it for 15 minutes and then wash it off with water. Use this remedy 2-3 times a week.
- You can also prepare a paste of cornstarch and apple cider vinegar. Mix one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and three tablespoons of cornstarch.
- Now apply this paste on your face and leave it for 15 minutes then wash it off with cold water. Use this remedy once or twice a week.
2. Baking Soda
Another effective home remedy for whiteheads treatment. Baking soda helps to open up the pores and removes impurities or dead skin tissue stuck in the pores. It also reduces the level of sebum on the skin and cures acne.
- Take 3 teaspoons of baking soda and prepare a paste by mixing it with water.
- Apply the paste to the whiteheads on your face and nose.
- Let be there for 15 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water.
- You apply this remedy once or twice a week.
3. Oatmeal Scrub
The oatmeal mask helps to remove whiteheads from the face by reducing the level of sebum. It also removes impurities by opening up the pores and hair follicles. This home remedy also makes your skin whiten, moisturize, and tone.
- To prepare the oatmeal mask you need to mix 1/3 cup of oatmeal, ¼ cup of brown sugar, and ¼ cup of honey.
- Now apply this mask and massage your face for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes wash it off with lukewarm water. You can use this remedy once or twice a week.
- You can also make an oatmeal mask by mixing rose water and oatmeal. Apply this paste to your face and leave for 20 minutes.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water. Use this remedy 2-3 times a week until you get relief from whiteheads.
4. Tea Tree Oil
This natural remedy helps to clean your skin by unclogging the pores. Tea tree oil also has antibacterial properties that help to remove bacteria and dead skin cells.
- Apply tea tree oil on whiteheads on your face and nose with the help of a cotton ball.
- If you are allergic to tea tree oil then use other natural remedies to cure whiteheads.
5. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera contains salicylic acid and sulfur which help to cure acne as well as whiteheads. It has healing and antioxidant properties which help to clean your skin and make it smooth and toned.
- Take aloe vera gel and mix it with honey. Apply this mixture on whiteheads directly and leave it for 15 minutes.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water after 15 minutes.
- You can use this remedy 2-3 times a week.
- Take one teaspoon of fresh aloe vera juice and mix it with one teaspoon of lemon juice.
- Massage with this mixture on your face for 5 minutes.
- After 10 minutes wash it off with lukewarm water. Use this natural remedy twice a week.
6. Gram Flour Mask
Gram flour is a great home remedy to get rid of whiteheads. It helps to clean your skin by removing dead cells and absorbing excess oil. This remedy also helps to remove facial hair.
- Make a thick paste by mixing yogurt and gram flour in a bowl. You can also add a half teaspoon of turmeric.
- Apply this paste to your face and let it dry completely.
- Wash your face with water and use this remedy two or three times a week.
If you want to remove whiteheads in a day then apply toothpaste on whiteheads. It also helps to clean the dead cells and impurities from the pores.
- Apply toothpaste on whiteheads and leave it for an hour.
- Then wash your face with water.
Strawberries are a good home remedy for removing whiteheads fast. It helps to exfoliate the skin and remove impurities, dead cells, and excess oil clogged in the pores.
- Prepare a paste of 2-3 strawberries mash them and add one teaspoon of honey.
- Massage with this paste on your face for 5 minutes.
- You can wash your face after 15 minutes and use this remedy twice a week.
9. Sugar Scrub
There are many scrubs available in the market but they are expensive and their success is always doubtful. Sugar scrub is simply the perfect natural and homemade scrub for whitehead removal.
It helps to unclog the blocked pores and remove dead cells or other impurities. You can also use sugar and olive oil scrub on children.
- Take one tablespoon of sugar and add a few drops of olive oil.
- Now mix it well and then apply it on your face with the help of a soft toothbrush or with your finger.
- Massage for at least 5 minutes then rinses your face with cold water.
- Repeat this remedy once a week for months.
10. Egg White
White egg contains protein which helps to repair your skin and remove dead cells. It also unclogged the blocked pores and removes impurities.
- Mix one egg white and one tablespoon of honey.
- Apply this mixture to your face and leave it for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes wash your face with normal water.
- Repeat this remedy once or twice a week.
Prevention Tips for Whiteheads on Nose And Face
You can avoid whiteheads or acne by using the following tips.
- Wash your face daily with lukewarm water and herbal soap.
- Be careful while shaving and use a good-quality blade and shaving cream.
- Avoid sunburn and use good quality cream to avoid sunburn.
- Do not touch your skin too much or pop out a pimple forcefully.
- Always remove your make before going to bed.
- Do not use too much cosmetics.
- Stop smoking and drinking alcohol too much.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat green and leafy vegetables more.
- Eat less non-veg.
- Avoid oily and junk food to prevent whiteheads.
- Do yoga or meditation exercises to get relief from stress.