10 Best Dip Stations in 2018
If you’re in need of sturdier equipment, the Body Solid dip station is ideal as it will withstand weights of up to 500 pounds. This is a commercial grade product that’s built to last and is suitable for professional users and amateurs alike. It offers great stability, with a wide base section and non-slip feet – a crucial feature when you’re training.
If you’re looking for a versatile station, this Titan Fitness stand is a great choice that can be used with push-up rings or straps and is ideal for a range of exercises. It features foam grips and floor pads for stability, and its one-piece design with an extra wide base makes it difficult to tip.
The versatility of the PT600 makes it the best option of all in this list – while it’s great as a dip station, you also have the option of chin-up and pull-up exercises too, so it’s ideal for people who want the option to vary their workouts. It’s durable and offers great stability and comfort while exercising for peace of mind and reduced risk of injury.
In today’s fast-paced world, finding time to hit the gym several times a week seems almost impossible to achieve. For many, the solution is working out at home for convenience and time-saving. Equipment like power towers and dip stations make exercising regularly more achievable and if you choose correctly, you’ll be able to perform a range of exercises with just one piece of equipment to maintain your health and fitness without stepping foot outside your front door.
There are many benefits to purchasing a dip station that make them a more efficient way to exercise. When performed correctly, dips are one of the most intense isolation exercises you can do to develop your upper body strength – they’re the ultimate way to achieve strong chest muscles and triceps. The resistance caused from lowering your body engages your muscles while strengthening different muscle layers in the arms. Dips are easy to modify and offer better results than push ups alone.
If you’re toying with the idea of investing in a dip station but are unsure what to look for, this article will help guide you towards some of the best on the market. We’ve selected ten of the best performing dip stands based on durability and versatility that are sure to enhance your at-home fitness regime.
What to look for in a dip station?
There are several factors to bear in mind when choosing a dip station. The following list will ensure you purchase a station that is sturdy, durable and allows for flexibility in your workout:
- Check the load rating and ensure that it can fully support your weight. Free-standing designs have a higher loading weight and will be able to support the heaviest user, so they’re ideal if you’re going to be adding weights to your workout as well.
- Pick a station that’s made of heavy-duty steel to ensure your dip station lasts. Many stations are also powder coated to prevent corrosion and rusting, as well as padded grips to avoid blisters.
- Look for a dip station that will allow for other equipment to be added, such as weighted belts or resistance bands, so you can mix up your workouts and perform different exercises.
- Buying a lighter dip station makes it more portable and means you’ll be able to store it more easily after your workouts. Some designs can be folded while others are stackable so pick one that works best for your home environment.
- Dip stations should be supportive and not topple over as you perform exercises, so pick one with a solid, wide support base.
Made from durable steel and finished with a powder coating, the Fuel Performance Deluxe Dip Station is a standalone design with angle grips for targeting the chest. The design can be bought with or without Olympic rings for suspended chest exercises that provide more of a challenge for users looking to amp up their workout. There’s more versatility with this design, thanks to the open pass through style, so there are more exercises you can perform than with closed designs. It’s an easy station to set up and will accommodate users of up to 300 pounds.
- Padded, angled grips for comfortably targeting the chest and triceps
- Steel construction make it comfortable to use for users of to 300 pounds
- The station can also be purchased with or without Olympic-style rings for more versatility
The Titan Fitness Dip Station has a one-piece design that’s perfectly suited to performing tricep dips, rows, leg swings and more. It’s easily customizable with push-up rings and straps too, if you’re looking for more versatility. The station is easy to assemble and lightweight and comes with foam grip handles that keep things safe and comfortable, while also helping to wick away sweat. One of the best features of this stand is its ergonomic design and extra wide base that means it’s difficult to tip over and, as a result, much safer to perform workouts on.
- Excellent weight capacity of up to 750 pounds
- Stabilizing pads protect the floor from scratches and damage
- Heavy duty frame that’s easy to put together quickly
This dip station is adjustable, with two width positions available to ensure a comfortable workout and a reduced strain on your shoulders, elbows and wrists. It stands three-feet tall so it’s suitable for users of up to 6”5’ in height and builds of up to 350 pounds. The dip station folds for easy transportation and storage, and the spring tab assembly means you can be working out in minutes. The Ultimate Body Press has a pass-through design to give you more space for different exercises and enables full bodyweight rows to balance your chest and back development.
- Ergonomically angled grips to reduce neck and back strain and offer proper support
- Padded grips and thick-walled steel provide stability
- Pass through design makes it versatile for mixing up your workouts.
The Yaheetech Heavy Duty Dip Stand is a well-built frame that holds an incredibly 500 pounds of weight. It’s perfect for taller people who struggle to perform other exercises with standard dip bars, as well as having additional support under the arms for complete stability while you work out. There’s no need to add weights with this dip station, as the angled design makes it possible to perform a host of exercises targeting triceps, shoulders and delts with ease. The stand is compact in size and offers easy portability without taking up too much space.
- Sturdy frame made from durable steel that will hold up to 500 pounds
- Great for taller and broader people as it has a larger size with the bars set at a wide distance
- Thick angled bars and oversized knurled grip for reduced slipping
The versatility of the Body Champ PT600 is its main selling point, offering a wide range of upper body and ab crunching exercise possibilities. It features a chin-up and pull-up station with inside and wide-grip positions, as well as a dip station for upper body toning and strengthening. The non-slip feet grip can also be repurposed as push-up bars, making this an incredibly flexible workout station. The PT600 is perfect for people who want to mix up their exercise regimen regularly but don’t want to purchase multiple pieces of equipment to achieve their fitness goals.
- Slip-resistant foot grips double up as push-up bars and are height adjustable
- Multi-station workout tower makes it easy to work upper and lower body
- Sturdy base makes it easy to work out almost anywhere without risk of it toppling over
The freestanding Body Solid Dip Station gets its great stability from the 2” by 3” heavy-gauge steel uprights are angled in such a way that the station is suitable for users of all sizes, and the wide extended base provides plenty of support for your workouts. It’s ideal for a range of exercises to work your chest, deltoids and triceps. Taller people, especially, will enjoy the high design of this stand – the bars sit 53 inches off the ground. As you go towards the back of the handles, the bars expand for a wider grip when working the chest muscles and a narrower grip for developing triceps.
- Made from heavy-gauge steel and slip-proof, extra thick rubber grips
- The higher design makes it well suited to taller people
- Supports a maximum capacity of 500 pounds
The Ainfox Power Tower is a must for fitness fanatics, with its solid and sturdy design and reinforced steel frame. The handles of the tower include grips to reduce the risk of injury and the whole station can be put together quickly and easily. The benefit of the Power Tower is the range of exercises it allows for, from vertical knee raises and dips to push ups and hammer pull-ups. The stand can set to four different heights, making it incredibly versatile both for space-saving and individual users.
- Supports a maximum weight capacity of 550 pounds
- Includes back and arm cushions for comfort
- Adjustable height from 64.6” to 84.6” making it versatile for users of almost any height
Supporting weights of up to 300 pounds, the power tower is a multi-function stand that is great for push-up, pull-up, chin-up and dip exercises to develop the muscles in your upper and lower body. The stand includes feet covers which are skid-resistant, to not only protect the floor from damage but offer more steadiness when you’re exercising. The padded back support cushion and arm cushions provide comfort while the ergonomic, H-shaped design enhances your user experience and ensures you can work on different areas of your body without the risk of the tower flexing or moving.
- Multi-function station suitable for upper and lower body workouts
- Comfortable rubber hand grips and tear-resistant cushions
- Ergonomic frame design made from premium steel and finished with a scratch-resistant powder coating
The Stamina 1690 Power Tower is ideal for versatile workouts that feature a range of exercises besides dips, such as push ups, vertical knee raises and chin ups. There’s so much more you can achieve with this dip station to develop your muscles and tone your whole body. The solid frame makes it a reliable piece of equipment that will comfortably support weights of up to 250 pounds. You can build total body strength with just one addition to your home gym with this dip station.
- Supports a weight capacity of 250 pounds
- The freestanding design means it doesn’t take up too much space in the home and is easy to assemble
- Great for a range of exercises including chin ups, pull ups and dips
The GoBeast Pull Up Bar and Dip Stand is ideal for developing your core stability and stamina – a multifunctional piece of equipment that’s perfect for bodyweight resistance training. It has a lightweight yet durable steel frame that can support up to 240 pounds, so you can train with weighted vests or belts too. The station is brilliantly balanced but still portable, so it’s better suited to controlled movements rather than quick and aggressive exercises. The GoBeast stand is easy to assemble and dismantle, so you can set it up quickly anywhere you want to work out, whether it’s the living room or the home gym.
- Supports weights of up to 240 pounds
- Customizable height makes it versatile for different users
- Great for a range of exercises, including knee raises, chin ups, body twists and dips