What are the home remedies for swine flu? Swine flu killed more than 150,000 people and 575, 000 people were found with this flu in 2009 around the world. It was a pandemic in 2009 around the world. Swine flu originated from pigs and it is also known as pig influenza.
Before 2009 swine flu happened to people who were in direct contact with pigs. But in 2009 because of the H1N1 virus swine flu happened to people who had not made any contact with pigs.
It is a respiratory disease caused by the influenza virus and cough, fever and nasal secretions are the main symptoms. Now This disease is not a pandemic and is considered the normal flu which can be cured by the H1N1 influenza virus vaccine. But there are natural remedies which can help you to Treatment and prevent swine flu.
The first case of swine flu was found in 1930 in the USA and transmitted from pigs. Symptoms of swine flu influenza are the same as other seasonal flu. Swine flu disease can last for 7 days long and if you are seriously infected it can last for 10-12 days long.
What is the swine flu Vaccine?
The swine flu vaccine is known as the H1N1 influenza virus vaccine. This vaccine was used in 2009 to cure the pandemic caused by the H1N1 influenza virus. The injectable H1N1 influenza vaccine is a “killed virus” vaccine and is also present in nasal spray form which is a “live virus” vaccine.
This vaccine is injectable in children aged more than 6 months and adults. This vaccine will not treat the active infection which is already present in the body. It helps your immunity system to fight disease. Like any other medicine, the H1N1 influenza virus vaccine also has side effects. This vaccine will not work on bird flu.
Swine flu could cause some serious problems like pneumonia, a lung infection, and other breathing problems. It can worsen diseases like diabetes and asthma. Adults aged more than 65, children under age 5, and pregnant women have more chances to catch Swine flu. Also, people with diseases like AIDS, asthma, heart disease diabetes or neuromuscular has more of a risk to catch swine flu.
H1N1 flu was first noticed in Mexico in 2009, which is mainly found infecting humans and shows two main antigens H1 (hemagglutinin type 1) and N1 (neuraminidase type1). H1N1 contains eight RNA strands, one strand belongs to a human, 2 strands belong to birds, and 5 strands belong to swine.
In the year 2011 scientists found one more influenza type A known as H3N2v. Swine Flu is a contagious disease and a person could get this by inhaling or ingestion from an infected person sneezing or coughing. Eating cooked pork is not contagious. After the pandemic in 2009 very less number of swine flu cases has come out. Recently in India, three people died because of swine flu.
Symptoms of Swine Flu influenza A (H1N1 or H3N2v)
Swine flu symptoms are the same as other normal flu.
- Sore Throat
- Runny Nose
- Stuffy nose
- Body pain
- Severe Vomiting
- Shortness of breath
Causes Of Swine Flu
- Swine flu is a contagious disease that can happen from one person to another person.
- Through the infected person’s saliva or mucus particle.
- Infected pig
- People may spread this disease by sneezing or coughing.
- touching a germ-covered surface and then touching your eyes or nose
What to do during Swine Flu?
It is impossible to know that, whether you are suffering from swine flu or not. Because swine flu symptoms are also very similar to seasonal flu. You should visit a doctor and do a proper test for swine flu.
Most people suffering from swine flu have mild illness and in this case, visiting a doctor or taking an anti-viral drug is not necessary. If you are suffering from swine flu do the following things to get relief from its symptoms.
- Get proper rest
- Drink more water
- Consider painkillers
- In case the health condition becomes serious visit a doctor and do a proper
8 Effective Home Remedies for Swine Flu Treatment
Is swine flu can be treated at home? Yes, it can be treated at home because in most cases swine show mild illness. The natural remedy can help you fight swine flu virus. Below are some Home remedies which you can use at home for swine flu cure.
1. Giloy or Guduchi
Giloy in medical science is known as Tinospora cordifolia. It is one of the most effective home remedies for the swine flu cure. Giloy has an antibiotic property which helps you to fight the swine flu virus. It also improves your immunity system.
Way to use for Swine Flu Cure:
- Giloy with Basil – Boil one foot-long giloy branch and six to eight leaves of basil in water for 15 minutes. Add some black pepper and rock salt to it. Let it cool down and drink this mixture when it is lukewarm. You can use crystal sugar for taste. This home remedy does wonder when taken once a day. You can use giloy powder if the plant is not available.
Garlic is another very home remedy for swine flu. The antibiotic and anti-inflammatory property of garlic help gets rid of the swine flu virus.
Way to use Garlic to prevent swine flu:
- Eating raw garlic in the morning is a good way to fight swine flu symptoms. Take 2 or 3 cloves of garlic and eat them in the morning empty stomach with lukewarm water.
3. Milk and Turmeric
Milk contains vitamins and minerals which good for improving the immunity system. Turmeric has an antibiotic property which helps to fight the flu.
Way to take milk and turmeric:
- If you are not allergic to milk, take one glass of water with one teaspoon of turmeric before going to bed. Take this remedy once a day until you get relief from swine flu.
4. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is a good immunity booster and also fights swine flu symptoms like joint pain.
Way to take Aloe Vera for swine flu prevention:
- Aloe Vera juice – Take one teaspoon of aloe vera juice with lukewarm water once in a day. Take this home remedy until you get relief from swine flu.
5. Indian gooseberry
Gooseberry is a very good source of vitamin C which helps to fight swine flu symptoms like a cough and sore throat. It also improves your immunity system. It is also known as Amla.
Way to take Gooseberry:
- Drink Gooseberry juice once a day followed by lukewarm water. You can also eat fresh gooseberry.
6. Basil Leaves
Basil is a wonderful natural herb that works for almost every disease on the earth. Due to its anti-inflammatory and antibiotic nature, it helps to cure swine flu. In addition to this, basil also improves your immunity system.
Way to take Basil:
- Take five fresh leaves of basil and eat them in the morning followed by water.
Ginger is another good natural remedy to cure swine flu symptoms like cough, and congestion.
Way to use ginger for swine flu treatment:
- Ginger tea – Boil one tablespoon of ginger root, 1 tablespoon of bayberry bark, and one-half tablespoon of cayenne powder in a cup of water for 3-4 minutes. Drink this homemade natural remedy once a day to get rid swine flu virus.
8. Eucalyptus Oil
Eucalyptus oil is a good home remedy to fight swine flu symptoms like a runny nose, stuffy nose, and sore throat. It has decongestant properties which help to remove allergens. Ways to take Eucalyptus Oil
- Eucalyptus oil Steam – Put a few drops of eucalyptus oil in a pot of boiling water and inhale the steam. Take a deep breath for better results and do this home remedy thrice a day.
Check Out: Home Remedies for Jaundice cure
Swine Flu Treatment in Ayurveda (Medicine & Remedies)
Ayurvedic medicines are extracted from natural herbs which exhibit antimicrobial activities, remove toxins from the blood and boost the immunity system of the body. Below are ayurvedic medicine to cure swine flu, and don’t have any kind of side effects.
- Immune Magic – Immune magic capsule is extracted from four natural herbs, grape seed, cow colostrum, Phyllanthus Niruri (Bhumi amla), and green tea. It improves your immunity system and helps you to fight swine flu symptoms. Take one capsule of Immune magic twice a day with milk or lukewarm water. Alternatively, you can take Baba Ramdev ayurvedic Giloy Vati for swine flu treatment.
- Giloy capsule – Giloy has antipyretic, anti-inflammatory and immune booster properties which help you to fight swine. You can take one capsule daily with lukewarm water until you get relief from swine flu.
- See: How to Cure Dengue with Ayurvedic Remedies
8 Prevention tips for Swine flu influenza H1N1
- Wash your hands frequently with soap or sanitisers.
- Stay home if you’re infected. You can spread this to others and also rest is good for your immunity system.
- If you are infected cover your mouth properly when you sneeze or cough. You can use a face mask to cover it.
- Avoid contact with people as much as possible.
- Keep your hands away from your nose, eyes or mouth.
- Eat more fruits.
- Do jogging or just walking.
- Avoid contact with a life Yes, it is safe to eat cooked pig.
Above are Natural remedies, you can use to cure swine flu at home. We tried our best to provide knowledge about swine flu and natural remedies for swine flu. But in case your health situation becomes serious due to the flu we suggest you visit the doctor. We try to serve you better. Thank you for visiting.
You can also check: