What is bronchitis? How to cure bronchitis permanently at home? Inflammation and swelling in your bronchial tubes are known as bronchitis. Bronchial tubes carry air to and from the lungs. Due to infection, they get inflamed and it causes bronchitis. Coughing with thick mucus is the most common symptom of bronchitis. Mucus can be red, yellow, or green in color. There are two types of bronchitis acute bronchitis and chronic bronchitis which can be cured by natural home remedies.
How Do You Get Bronchitis And Is It Contagious?
Acute Bronchitis can occur due to respiratory infection, flu, or cold. Acute bronchitis is a contagious health problem because it is caused by viruses and bacteria which are contagious in nature.
You can catch bronchitis from someone who has it. Acute Bronchitis can spread from person to person by touching their hand, or nose, and sometimes while kissing bacteria can be transferred. It can be contagious for a week depending on the type of virus.
Chronic bronchitis occurs because of smoking and this is a serious type. It is not a contagious type of bronchitis.
What are the Types of Bronchitis?
There are two types of Bronchitis.
- Acute Bronchitis: This is a very common type of bronchitis that lasts for 7 days. it mainly occurs because of a cold, cough, or some type of flu.
- Chronic Bronchitis: This is a serious type of bronchitis that never goes away completely and always comes back. People who smoke are more at risk. This is a type of COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease). In chronic bronchitis, you will produce a lot of mucus which may cause coughing and problem in breathing.
What Are The Causes of Bronchitis?
Causes of Acute Bronchitis: – Bronchitis is inflammation and swelling in bronchial tubes which are caused by bacteria or viruses and other allergic particles. Acute bronchitis can be caused by a contagious virus. It can be spread by others when they cough, or by their touch.
Causes of Chronic Bronchitis: – Chronic bronchitis can occur because of damaged lung and airway tissue. The main causes of chronic bronchitis are smoking and other causes that can be exposure to air pollution for a long period of time and acute bronchitis again and again.
Symptoms of Bronchitis
- Cough with or without mucus
- Low fever and chills
- Frequent Chest pain
- Sore throat
- Body pain
- A breathing problem or shortness of breath
- Runny and blocked nose
Home Remedies to Cure Bronchitis Permanently
Below are the 10 most effective home remedies to cure bronchitis quickly without antibiotics.
Honey is an effective natural remedy to cure bronchitis fast due to its antibacterial and antiviral properties. It also helps to cure a sore throat and improve your immunity systems.
- One of the simplest ways to deal with bronchitis is to add one teaspoon of honey to your tea. This will soothe your throat and provide relief for a cough.
- Take one cup of warm water to add one tablespoon of each honey and lemon. Mix them well and drink them two times a day.
- You can prepare another remedy by making a paste of a half teaspoon of honey, 1 teaspoon of ginger paste, 2 clove powders, and a pinch of black pepper.
- Mix them well and make a fine paste. Have this natural remedy twice a day until your symptoms subside.
Ginger is an effective natural herb to cure bronchitis and the common cold. It has anti-inflammatory properties that help to treat inflamed and swollen bronchial tubes. This natural herb also boosts your immunity.
- Take one-half teaspoon of each ginger, cinnamon, and clove and add them to a glass of hot water. Stir this mixture and drink two times a day until you get relief.
- You can also make a paste of one pepper, ginger powder, and cloves. Take one teaspoon of each and mix them with honey. Take this remedy three times a day for a week. You can also use milk instead of honey.
- Drinking ginger tea is also very beneficial for bronchitis. To get better results add some black pepper to your tea.
3. Salt Water
Saltwater is the oldest and simplest home remedy to help cure bronchitis. Gargling with salt water helps to get rid of mucus and soothe your throat. It also helps to reduce swelling and inflammation in bronchial tubes.
- Take a glass of warm water and one teaspoon of salt.
- Gargle with salt water as many times as you like in the day.
- Be careful about the salt quantity don’t add too much.
Turmeric is a wonderful natural remedy to heal bronchitis. It has antibacterial and antiviral properties which help to get rid of a cough and inflammation due to bronchitis.
- Take one teaspoon of turmeric and mix it with one glass of warm milk.
- Drink this remedy twice a day.
- Drinking this remedy before going to bed can stop having a cough at night.
5. Mullein Tea
Mullein tea is a wonderful home remedy for bronchitis treatment. This remedy helps to treat all types of respiratory systems related to health issues. Drinking mullein tea clears mucus from the throat and lungs.
This remedy contains saponins, which help to get rid of phlegm and stops inflammation of bronchial tubes.
- Take one cup of boiled water and add one teaspoon of mullein tea leaves.
- Leave it for 10 minutes then strain the mixture. Drink this tea two times a day to get relief fast.
Linseed is a very effective natural herb to heal bronchitis and clear out mucus fast. Massage poultice of linseed on the front and back of your chest which can help you get rid of bronchitis instantly.
- To make a poultice of linseed you need to boil one cup of linseed in one cup of water.
- Boil them until the seeds become a moist and thick paste.
- Now let it cool down and massage it with this poultice before going to bed for instant relief.
7. Eucalyptus Oil
This is another home remedy to get rid of bronchitis quickly. Steam is a proven way to clear out mucus but adding eucalyptus oil also helps to cure bronchitis and its symptoms.
- Add a few drops of oil to boiling water and inhale the steam by covering your head with a towel.
- Massage eucalyptus oil on your chest also helps to heal bronchitis.
8. Sesame Seeds
Sesame seeds are a wonderful home remedy to treat chronic bronchitis. It also helps to get rid of chest pain and cough. This remedy will clear the mucus in the lungs and throat.
- Take one teaspoon of each sesame seed and linseed and also add one teaspoon of honey. Mix them well and take this remedy before going to bed every day.
- You can also mix ½ spoon of sesame seeds powder in two teaspoons of water. Take this mixture once a day until you get relief.
Mustard is a great home remedy for bronchitis. Applying mustard and flour paste on your chest helps to heal chest pain and other symptoms.
- Take mustard and flour in a 1:4 ratio and make a thin paste by adding some water to it. Before applying this mixture to your chest, massage your chest with olive oil.
- Use it carefully and apply this mixture when it’s not too hot. You can do this remedy once a day for a few days.
Another simple home remedy for bronchitis cure. It has antiviral and antibacterial properties that help to kill germs causing irritation in the throat and soothe your throat.
- Drink two teaspoons of the onion juice empty stomach in the morning.
How Long Does it Take to Recover from Bronchitis?
Acute bronchitis can last for 3 to 10 days and cough due to bronchitis can last for weeks and it can go away on its own. Chronic bronchitis can last for three months of the year for two consecutive years. If you have symptoms of a cold and cough for more than 3 weeks, chest pain, a problem in breathing, or high body temperature (Fever) then visits your doctor.
Risk Factor Involves in Bronchitis
The below factors may increase the chance of having bronchitis.
- Premature birth because infants younger than 3 months have a very weak immunity system. And also their lungs are not fully developed.
- Smoking tobacco can lead to chronic bronchitis.
- An underlying heart or lung disease
- Weak immune system
- Never having been breastfed
- Living in a polluted and crowded environment
- You are at more risk of having bronchitis if you are working in an environment that has a lot of lung irritants, such as grains or textiles, or chemical fumes.
- Old people are also more at risk due to their weak immune systems.
Allergic Bronchitis Food to Avoid
Being Healthy is very important if you fighting against any kind of flu, chest congestion, or bronchitis. You should know what to eat and what not to eat during bronchitis.
- Avoid food with high fat and sugar. Food that contains a high amount of sugar is soft drinks, milk chocolate, pancake syrup, Candy, jelly, frosting, cookies, pastries, muffins, etc.
- Do not take milk and dairy product. Dairy products like cream-based soups, cheese, cheesecake, ice cream, Alfredo sauce, etc. should be avoided.
- Fried food or junk food should be avoided.
- Avoid eating salty food like French fries, crackers, tortillas, potato chips, and processed meats during Bronchitis Cure.
Closing Thoughts on How To Cure Bronchitis
Below we have summarized the essential pointers to prevent bronchitis.
- First of all, you need to stop smoking if you have chronic bronchitis. Smoking will make it worst and can lead to Asthma.
- If you are suffering from COPD then you can use a face mask to avoid allergens, dust, or fumes.
- Do not let anyone smoke around you.
- Avoid sharing food with other people.
- If you have a cold or any other flu then you should take proper rest.
- Be Hygienic and wash your hand regularly to prevent Bronchitis.