How to cure gingivitis at home fast? Gingivitis means gum inflammation and it is a very common and mild form of gum disease. It causes irritation, redness, and swelling of your gingiva. Gingiva is a part of your gum around the base of your teeth.
Gum infection or gingivitis can be intensely uncomfortable. Although very common and mild, it can lead to symptoms like plaque formation and inflammation. Brushing and flossing can help you not develop this.
It happens because of films of bacteria that forms on the teeth and is known as plaque-induced gingivitis. You should brush and floss daily at least twice a day to remove plaque, because it can produce toxins that can irritate the gum tissue, causing gum infection.
If this gum disease is left untreated can lead to periodontitis, which is more serious and can eventually lead to the loss of teeth. Gingivitis is not a serious problem at the initial stage and can be cured by natural remedies at home.
- 1 Causes of Gingivitis Gum infection
- 2 How to Cure Gingivitis? – 13 Proven Home Remedies
- 3 Ayurvedic Medicine & Remedies for Gingivitis treatment
- 4 Prevention Tips For Gingivitis
- 5 Closing Thoughts
Causes of Gingivitis Gum infection
Periodontal disease is inflammation and infection that destroys the gum tissues. This can also affect your periodontal ligaments and the tooth sockets. Below cause and risk factor leads you to gingivitis.
- Poor dental hygiene.
- Smoking or chewing tobacco.
- Hormonal changes in puberty, pregnancy, and menopause can cause gingivitis.
- Cancer and cancer treatment can make a person more at risk of gum disease.
- Alcohol disturbs your oral defense mechanism.
- Diabetes mellitus.
- Poor saliva production.
- Some medications can also affect your oral hygiene
- A family history of dental disease also increases your chance to have gingivitis.
What are the signs and symptoms of gingivitis?
Many people don’t know that they have gingivitis. There is a possibility that you can have gingivitis without any symptoms. The below symptoms are an indication that you have a gum infection.
- Bleeding of gum when you brush or floss your teeth
- Red, tender, or swollen gum can be an indication of gum infection.
- Pus between teeth and gums
- Bad Breath (Halitosis)
- Inflammation of gums
- Pain when chewing
- Sensitive teeth
- Teeth Loss
Read: How to get rid of Mouth Ulcers Fast
How to Cure Gingivitis? – 13 Proven Home Remedies
There are many gum infection treatments at the counter available at your home. In your kitchen, you can find many natural remedies to remove gingivitis quickly. Below will let you know some of the proven remedies to get rid of gum infection.
One of the proven and very common home remedies for gingivitis cure. It has antiseptic and antibacterial properties that make a salt good treatment for gum infection. Salt also helps to stop bacteria from spreading more.
- Take one glass of lukewarm water and add a half teaspoon of salt to it. Wash your mouth with this solution in the morning and evening.
- You can also make a paste of salt and mustard oil. Massage your gums with your finger or circular strokes and leave it for 2-3 minutes. Wash your mouth with water and do this remedy 2-3 times a day.
2. Sage Plant
Another good remedy for gum infection is the cure. Sage has anti-inflammatory and bacteria-cleansing properties which help to remove bad breath and other symptoms of gingivitis.
- Take a handful of a fresh sage leaf or take a pinch of dried sage, and rub it on your infected gum. Leave it for 2-3 minutes and wash your mouth with water.
- You can also mix sea salt with sage leaf juice for additional gum cleaning.
Turmeric contains curcumin, which has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties and makes it a very effective remedy for gingivitis treatment.
It also helps to stop gum bleeding, and reduces pain and swelling in the gum. Turmeric mouthwash for gingivitis treatment is considered to be one of the perfect natural mouthwashes.
- Take one teaspoon of turmeric and a half teaspoon of both salt and mustard oil. Make a thick paste of them and apply them to your gum. Leave it there for 2-3 minutes and wash it with water. Use this remedy twice a day to get a better result.
- You can also brush your teeth with turmeric and water paste. Try this home remedy twice in a day for a couple of weeks to avoid gingivitis.
4. Oil Pulling
Oil pulling is an effective and old way to cure gingivitis without antibiotics. It helps to maintain good oral health and makes your gum stronger and bacteria-free.
- Take 1 tablespoon of sesame oil or coconut oil and swish it in your mouth for 15 minutes. Spit it out and then wash your mouth with warm water.
- To get better and quick results do this remedy each morning before brushing your teeth for 2-3 weeks. Make sure you should now swallow and gargle with oil.
5. Baking Soda
Baking soda is the simplest remedy to treat gum infection at home. You can use baking soda paste instead of toothpaste, but be careful–baking soda is highly abrasive. You should use baking soda with olive oil.
- Take 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda and mix with warm water to make a paste. Apply this paste on your infected gums and leave it on for 1 or 2 minutes and then wash it off with warm water. Do this remedy for 2-3 weeks to get rid of gingivitis quickly.
- You can also brush your teeth with a paste of baking soda and olive oil. Brushing your teeth with this paste regularly to prevent gingivitis.
6. Clove Oil
Clove oil is mostly used as a natural herb to cure gum and tooth disease without antibiotics. They have antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant which help to reduce toothache, gum pain, and swelling and stop gum bleeding.
- Take a few drops of clove oil and a cotton ball.
- With the help of a cotton ball apply clove oil to your gum.
- Do this remedy 2-3 times a day for a few weeks.
- Chewing 3-4 cloves daily can also help to avoid gum infection.
7. Lemon Juice
Lemon is an effective remedy to fight bacteria. It has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that help to prevent gingivitis.
- You can make a mouthwash for gingivitis cure by mixing lemon juice in a glass of water. Rinse your mouth with this solution after brushing your teeth. Do this remedy twice daily to soothe bleeding and receding gums caused by gingivitis.
- Another way to use lemon juice is by making a paste with salt. Apply this paste on your gum for 2-3 minutes then rinse with water. Do this remedy 2-3 times a day.
8. Aloe Vera
Another beneficial home remedy for gum infection treatment is without antibiotics. It has antibacterial and antifungal properties that cure gum disease effectively. Aloe vera also helps to reduce gum pain and stop gum bleeding.
- Take a few aloe vera leaves and extract the pulp. Rub the pulp gently on your gums. Keep it on for 10 minutes and then gargle with cold water. Try this remedy 2 times daily until you get relief.
Myrhh works as a natural gum and is good medicine to cure gingivitis. It has an antiseptic property and you can use it as mouthwash, toothbrush, and gargle to cure gum disease. It also helps to reduce gum pain and swelling.
- Mix myrrh in a cup of warm water and gargle with it.
- You can add a bit of salt to the water which makes it more effective.
- Repeat this remedy 3-4 times a day in order to make this effective.
10. Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is a good way to whiten your teeth and cure gum infections. It helps to kill bacteria that cause gingivitis.
- Take only 3% Hydrogen Peroxide so that you can be sure that it is not too concentrated.
- Then take a half cup of each water and hydrogen peroxide and make a mouthwash.
- Rinse your mouth with this solution twice a day for a week.
How long does it take to cure gingivitis?
It can take approximately 10 to 14 days to get rid of gum infection or gingivitis. Around 90% of adults in the U.S. suffer from some form of gingivitis. Areas with gingivitis are tender to the touch or may bleed during oral hygiene procedures.
Is gingivitis contagious?
Yes, the bacteria that cause gingivitis that can be spread through saliva while kissing. During a kiss, you transferred around 80 million bacteria which can be good and bad.
Bad bacteria can lead to gum disease. But many types of research have shown that gum disease is caused by the inflammatory reaction to bacteria under the gums, so gum disease technically may not be contagious.
Sharing toothbrushes can also increase your chances to get gingivitis. Bacteria can easily be passed from person to person by kissing and sharing the toothbrush.
Ayurvedic Medicine & Remedies for Gingivitis treatment
In Ayurveda, this condition is known as high Pitta condition and bleeding from the gum is referred to as ‘Sheetada’. You can take below ayurvedic medicine and remedies for gingivitis cure at home.
- Triphala Choorna– This ayurvedic remedy is helpful to improve overall oral hygiene. Taking this ayurvedic remedy can reduce gum pain and strengthen your gums.
- Divya Dant Manjan– Baba Ramdev medicine for gingivitis treatment helps to cure gum infection within a week. This ayurvedic powder also helps in the treatment of gingivitis, decayed teeth, cavities, etc. It decreases the chances of getting pain in the tooth due to the formation of microbes.
- Henna Mouth Wash– This natural herb can be used as an effective mouthwash to cure gingivitis. It helps to reduce swelling and stop gum bleeding. Take a handful of henna leaves and boil them in 500 ml of water. Strain this solution and let it cool down. Wash your mouth after every meal.
Prevention Tips For Gingivitis
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day to avoid gum infection or tooth decay.
- Floss every day to prevent periodontal diseases.
- Avoid smoking and stop chewing tobacco.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables
- Avoid food that contains a high amount of sugar.
- Visit your doctor regularly for Gingivitis precautions.
Above home remedies, prevention, and ayurvedic medicine, you can use to treat gingivitis at home. But in case you have a very serious kind of periodontal or gum infection we suggest you visit your dentist. If you have any questions or suggestions for us please don’t hesitate. We are here to serve you in the perfect possible by providing a gingivitis (gum infection) cure naturally at home.
Thanks for sharing these home remedies to cure gingivitis. It is good to know also that lemon is the not only serve as a juice but serve as a remedy to fight bad bacteria in our mouth.