How to stop farting fast? Farting is a natural process that is an indication of a healthy digestive system. A normal person fasts around 15- 25 times a day which is quite normal. Passing gas becomes an embarrassment when it happens in public with a bad smell. Generally, farts are an odorless and healthy process of the digestive system.
People don’t talk about farts in general but it happens to all. There is nothing to be embarrassed about passing gas as it is a natural process. While some people pass gas more than others and to avoid this embarrassment there are many natural ways to stop farting fast.
Farting is also known as Flatulence and it happens when you swallowed gas while drinking or eating. Apart from this our digestive system also produces gas which causes us to fart. Normally farts don’t have any smell and are made of carbon dioxide, oxygen, hydrogen, and sometimes methane. But sometimes people pass gas with a bad smell which becomes an embarrassment.
- 1 What Are The Causes of Farting?
- 2 How to Stop Farting? – Natural Ways To Relieve Gas
- 3 What Foods To Eat To Stop Farting?
- 4 Closing Thoughts
What Are The Causes of Farting?
Farting is a natural process and a byproduct of the healthy digestive system. It occurs when food particles are broken down in the large intestine. There are many causes for producing gas such as chewing gum, smoking, eating, etc.
- Foods– There are many foods that are more responsible for farting than others. Food that contains a high amount of cellulose cause more flatulence. If you are farting too much then avoid food containing more cellulose such as beans, lentils, potatoes, onions, garlic, cabbage, etc. Dairy products, spices, and meat also increase farting so avoid these foods.
- Bacteria– if you are having farts with the bad smell it is because of bad bacteria. Normally farts have no smell and are a sign of a healthy digestive system. An imbalance in bad and good bacteria can cause farts with a bad smell. If you notice farts with a bad smell then take probiotics.
- Lactose Intolerance– Another reason for the gastric problem is lactose intolerance. Dairy product contains a high amount of lactose and doesn’t get digested easily. Production of the gas increase due to lactose in the intestine and normally cause a bad smell. Sometimes lactose intolerance might cause abdominal pain or diarrhea.
- Constipation– People who suffer from constipation pass gas more often. During constipation, the digestive system doesn’t work properly and produces gas in the fermentation process. To avoid constipation drink more water and use natural remedies to cure constipation at home.
- Stress– Stress almost causes millions of health issues and farting is also one of them. Having too much stress disturbs your digestive system which results in gas formation in the intestines.
How to Stop Farting? – Natural Ways To Relieve Gas
Farting is a natural process and it’s a sign of a healthy digestive system. Generally, farts are odorless but sometimes you will pass gas with a bad smell and farts more than normal. To avoid embarrassment and inconvenience there are natural ways to get quick relief from farting.
1. Herbal Tea
The perfect natural remedy to get rid of gas is drinking hot herbal tea. Prepare a cup of tea using fennel, peppermint, chamomile, etc. Drinking these herbs also helps with abdomen pain and constipation.
- Take an equal amount of peppermint, fennel seeds, chamomile, and ground caraway seeds.
- Mix them well and then take one teaspoon of this mixture.
- Add one teaspoon of this mixture to a hot cup of water.
- Let hot water absorb all the important ingredients from herbs so leave it for 10 minutes.
- Drink this herbal tea whenever you have a gas problem. Fennel seeds tea is also good for babies.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is used to cure many health issues and bloating is no exception. Due to its acidic nature, it helps to maintain the bacteria level in intensities and improves the digestive system.
- Take a cup of hot water and mix one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar.
- Drink this mixture whenever you have too much gassing problem.
3. Baking Soda and Lemon
This is again a good home remedy for fast relief from bloating and too much farting. Lemon and soda also help to neutralize bad bacteria and cure inflammation due to bacteria.
- Take one glass of water and mix two tablespoons of fresh lemon juice and one tablespoon of baking soda.
- Drink this tasty lemon soda to get fast relief from bloating and excessive farting.
4. Ginger Tea
Farting is a natural sign of a healthy digestive system but sometimes it becomes inconvenient due to bad smells. Some people fart more at night maybe because they had some food which causes bloating. Drinking ginger tea before going to sleep is a good remedy to provide you relief from farting at night.
- Take one cup of hot water and add some fresh crushed ginger root.
- Leave it for 10 minutes then enjoy ginger tea.
- You can also consume a few slices of ginger to control too much farting.
Another brilliant home remedy to Make Yourself Pass Gas. This remedy is easily available in the kitchen or in the market. This is one of the cheapest yet most effective home remedies for the gas problem.
- You can consume a few pods of cardamom if you have a gas problem.
- You also add a few cardamom pods to ginger tea.
6. Flax Seeds
Flax seeds are a very beneficial home remedy to Reduce Flatulence Naturally. You can add some fatty acids and fiber-rich natural ingredients to your diet. They improve your digestive system and reduce inflammation.
- You can buy grounded flax seeds from the market or buy whole flax seeds and crush them.
- Consume one teaspoon of grounded flax seeds with your diet.
- You can add grounded seeds almost in any diet such as smoothies, salads, soup, etc.
7. Chia Seeds
Another seed is another remedy for excessive farting. Chia seeds are also rich in omega fatty acids, minerals, and vitamins which help to improve the digestive system. Consuming chia seeds on a daily basis can reduce flatulence naturally.
- You can add chia seeds to your diet the same as flax seeds but you don’t have to ground chia seeds.
- It will also help to avoid constipation and other gastric problem.
8. Shiatsu Massage
Shiatsu massage is the same as acupuncture which helps to relax your body and work as a stress buster. It will improve your digestive system and give you relief in bloating.
Sometimes bloating or farting can occur due to too much stress so shiatsu massage is a good way to stop farting.
9. Activated Charcoal Tablets
If you are suffering from excessive bloating and farting then you can consume activated charcoal tablets. This is the ultimate medicine to stop farting. This will help remove bad smells and excessive air in your stomach. You can take this medicine just before dinner.
10. Drink Plenty of Water
Drinking water can solve many problems and farting is one of them. If you drink water before having your meal then the chance of having gas decrease drastically. It will also prevent excessive farting.
Drinking more water will keep your body hydrated and ease your bowel movement. Avoid drinking water during a meal or just after you finish your meal, it will only increase your problem.
What Foods To Eat To Stop Farting?
Many foods can cause digestive problems which lead to excessive farting with a nasty smell. You should choose your food according to your digestive system’s suitability. If you are having dinner at a public place then do not eat too much.
Avoid carbonated drinks because they lead to farting and bloating while having a meal at a public place. If you have bloat and farting problems then add the following food to your diet.
- Add fennel seeds, cinnamon, celery seeds, ginger, licorice, and peppermint to your diet to avoid farting.
- Eat food that contains a high amount of magnesium. This mineral is very useful in improving the digestive system and reducing farting. Add spinach, avocado, nuts, pumpkin or pumpkin seeds, pink salt, etc.
- Eat a healthy and more balanced diet. Eat more green vegetables and salads.
- Include brown or wild rice in your diet to avoid farting.
- Consume lean meats and seafood to stop farting.
Farting can be sometimes very embarrassing in public spaces. Also, it might affect your health in the longer run. So you should follow the home remedies strictly to avoid farting. There are ways by which you can avoid too much farting.
- Eat your food slowly and carefully.
- Avoid chewing gums.
- Quit smoking to stop bloating.
- Do not drink carbonated drinks.
- Avoid dairy products if you are lactose intolerant.
- Do regular work out to keep your digestive system healthy.
- If you have a severe problem with farting then use probiotics.
You can also check,