10 Best Sit Up Benches in 2022
This fabulous multi workout bench is known for its extremely versatile abdominal workouts. With 4 height options, adjustable roller pads, and slip resistant handle bars, this is a dream for intermediate to expert level fitness enthusiasts.
This budget-friendly sit up bench is excellent for beginners. It has plenty of room, and comes with a sturdy framework, padded backrest, and adjustable leg support.
This versatile sit up bench includes 12 incline options, strategically placed leg rollers, and ergonomic support handles for a firm grip during core workouts.
This product review was written by Aurora Colt
This product review was written by Aurora Colt
|Universal UB100 Decline Bench||Light, easy to assemble sit up bench with padded foam rollers.||$|
|Apex Utility Sit Up Bench||Good quality sit up bench with heavy duty steel frames and padded rollers for extra comfort.||$|
|Confidence Fitness Pro Adjustable Sit Up Ab Bench||Ergonomic and user-friendly sit up bench with padded backrest and adjustable support.||$|
|Finer Form Sit Up Bench||Comfortable sit up bench with reverse crunch handle and 3-level adjustment for ease of use.||$|
|Body-Solid Pro-Style Commercial AB Board||12 vertical height options with extra wide bench for additional support.||$$|
|Deltech Fitness Sit Up Bench||Small, sturdy, and robust sit up bench for posture and core workout.||$$|
|XMark Mini Ab Decline Bench XM-4415||Solid construction with 2 sets of ankle and knee rollers.||$$|
|TKO Sit-Up Bench||Small in size, easy to store, and comes with wheels for ease of movement.||$$|
|XMark Fitness Adjustable Decline Ab Bench||Ergonomic Machine with support handles and sturdy steel frame.||$$$|
|Fitness Reality X-Class Abdominal Bench||Wheels for easy transport, 650 lbs max user weight capacity, and slip resistant handles.||$$$|
Sit ups are well known, core crunching exercises that build the muscles in your abdomen. You can perform sit ups without equipment, but using a bench will help you take your workout to the next level, improving core strength, stability and honing your muscles to help you look great.
If you’re a beginner, benches can help you get started in the safest possible way, decreasing the chance of injury and allowing you to build up your muscle tone. More advanced fitness trainers can use a bench to make their workouts harder by adding gravity to their crunches, pushing through the plateau that can often occur when exercises become too easy. You might want to try some ankle weights if you plan to do leg exercises on your sit up bench, to increase ab workout intensity.
These benches are extremely versatile, primarily built for abdominal workouts but with many also allowing you to perform exercises that tone various other muscle groups.
The XMark XM-4416.1 is in extremely versatile bench, with its 12 incline options, while remaining strong and stable at each. It’s a great pick for anyone wanting to feel secure while they work their core, and is especially great for anyone with a taller or stockier build.
- 12 options for vertical height adjustment
- Padded, ergonomic leg rollers
- Sturdy, steel frame
- Support handles at feet
- 400lb max weight
- There are 12 options for incline adjustment, which makes the bench very versatile. It can be used by beginners who need a shallower angle or experts who require more gravity, and anyone in between, allowing you to progress through the levels without needing to buy more equipment. Plus, you can experiment with exercises which require different heights.
- The XM-4416.1 has been constructed with stability in mind, and the sturdy steel frame makes you feel well supported during all your exercises.
- True to its name, the machine is ergonomic too. The leg rollers are strategically placed to help reduce back strain, and the thick cushion of the padded bench provides extra comfort.
- The support handles, which are located at the foot of the bench, make it much easier to get on and off when you’re trying exercises that require a steep angle.
- The bench is long and wide, so can comfortably accommodate taller, broader frames.
- The sturdy construction and length of the bench means it has a large footprint, so you would need a lot of space to use and store it.
- The bench doesn’t go completely flat and so can only be used for inclined ab exercises rather than doubling as a weights bench.
The Universal UB100 bench is cost effective, and would be a great purchase for a small build beginner or casual user who wants a bench that is easy to store, easy to put together and reasonably versatile.
- 2 options for vertical height adjustment
- Padded foam rollers for feet
- 2 leg positions to choose from
- Foldable for storage
- 200 lb max weight
- The UB100 bench is small, light and easy to assemble. It also folds away for compact storage.
- The bench is comfortable, with a thick, cushion covering it, and the foam rollers providing stable, padded support for your legs.
- It is reasonably versatile, allowing you to easily perform sit ups or twists and giving a couple of options for increased angle.
- With a 200 lb max weight, this bench is only really suitable for those on the smaller side, and can wobble if used by someone heavier.
- The bench is also quite short in length, so would be unsuitable for anyone over 6’ as their head may hang off the end of the bench.
Previously sold under the name Ironman Fitness, the Fitness Reality X-Class bench is a truly versatile, sturdy piece of equipment for anyone wanting to use a bench for more than just ab exercises. It’s highly adjustable and sweat resistant.
- 4 height options, including flat
- Adjustable roller pads
- Slip resistant handle bars
- 14 adjustment options for thigh support cushions
- 650 lbs max weight
- Almost everything about the X-Class bench is adjustable, meaning you can tailor your whole setup for maximum comfort. Plus, the bench can be easily shared by users who have different body shapes, so it’s great for couples or families who would all like use the equipment.
- The bench can be used for exercises which target multiple muscles groups as well as just abs, making it a great, full body piece of equipment. For example, it can double as a weights bench, given the fact it can be flattened; it can be used for back extension exercises; and you can use it to work your legs and lower body too.
- It has wheels for easy transportation and storage, and has a reasonably small footprint.
- The max weight it can hold is 650 lb, which is great, but the bench isn’t suitable for anyone over 6’4” in height.
- Some customers have reported problems with parts when the bench first arrived, or have had issues with breakages and/or the packaging it was delivered in.
This Body-Solid bench wins when it comes to versatility and stability, with its 12 height options and sturdy construction. It’s suitable for use at home or in commercial gyms, so anyone purchasing it can be assured of its quality.
- 12 options for vertical height adjustment
- Two sets of 8 inch, padded leg rollers
- Reinforced using a steel beam
- Suitable for home or commercial use
- 450 lbs max weight
- The 12 height options of the Pro-Style Ab Board range from shallow angles to practically vertical. As with the XMark XM-4416, this bench will challenge beginners and experts alike.
- The bench itself is extra-wide, giving an enhanced feeling of stability and support.
- The rollers are well positioned for stability at the ankle and knee, and their thickness makes for comfortable use.
- Unfortunately, the Pro-Style Ab Board is a fairly short bench and so is unsuitable for anyone over around 5’10” to use.
- Some users have found the bench difficult to assemble.
The Deltech Sit Up Bench is a small, effective and sturdy bench that has been specifically designed for sit ups. What it lacks in versatility it makes up for in construction, and would be an ideal addition to a home gym, or a great stand alone piece for someone with limited space who wants to work their core.
- Fixed height bench
- Small footprint
- One set of leg rollers
- Solid steel frame
- Extra wide bench
- 400 lbs max weight
- The Sit Up Bench is designed to encourage proper form when performing sit ups, and so allows users to minimise the chance of hyper extending or putting too much pressure on their back.
- The bench is robust and well made, providing excellent support and stability.
- Despite being sturdy, the bench is quite small and so is ideal for those with limited space.
- It can also be used for Roman Chair exercises.
- Unlike some of the other ab benches we have looked at, the Deltech Sit Up Bench isn’t height adjustable and so can only be used for sit ups. If you’re looking for a more versatile piece of equipment, this bench isn’t for you.
- The rollers aren’t height adjustable, so users with longer legs may find they are poorly positioned.
Similar to the Deltech Sit Up Bench, the XMark Mini XM-4415 is a compact, sturdy, non-adjustable bench which can be used to perfect sit ups. It is a cost effective and easy to store option which doesn’t compromise on quality of build.
- Fixed height bench
- Small footprint
- 2 sets of ankle and knee rollers
- Solid steel frame
- Extra thick cushion
- 350 lbs max weight
- Modelled as a mini version of the XMark XM-4416 Ab Bench, the XM-4415 puts comfort and ergonomic support first. The two sets of rollers are fairly unique to benches this small, and allow maximum stability for knees and ankles during exercises.
- Well built, with protective caps on the feet that stop the bench from moving around during exercise.
- It doesn’t take up a lot of space, and is quite light (despite its durability) so it can be easily moved around.
- It isn’t as versatile as some of the other, adjustable ab benches, as the fixed height only allows for sit ups.
- Some taller users have found the knee and ankle rollers uncomfortable, and as they aren’t adjustable they can’t be moved into a better position.
The TKO Sit-Up Bench boasts a fixed angle that is perfect for beginners, along with a compact design and easy mobility. It would be a good addition for anyone just starting with ab exercises, but is unlikely to be suitable for those looking for a more challenging workout.
- Fixed height bench, at 23 degree angle
- Handle to assist with mounting/dismounting
- One set of leg rollers
- Small footprint
- Wheels for easy movement
- 280 lbs max weight
- As with other fixed height benches, the TKO bench is small, easy to use and easy to store, especially if you’re tight on space.
- The 23 degree angle provides a great workout for beginners looking to improve their sit up form and core strength.
- The handle is a welcome addition, making it easier to get on and off the bench during use.
- The fixed height and angle of bench are only really suitable for beginners rather than experts who train often.
- To achieve the shallower angle, TKO have built the bench so it sits very close to the ground. For taller users this can be uncomfortable, and coupled with the fact that the bench itself is quite short, means the TKO Sit-Up bench isn’t really suitable for anyone over around 6’.
The Apex Utility Sit Up Bench for Toning and Strength Training is one of the most budget-friendly ones on this list. It has a slant board that is excellent for toning and Ab training with durable stainless steel construction with powder coated finish.
- Heavy-duty steel frame
- High density foam
- Padded rollers for legs
- Sturdy Construction
- 4 Thigh and Ankle roller pads
- 2-year limited warranty
- Product weight: 19.5 lbs
- User weight capacity: 250 lbs
- For efficiency in body building and toning, this budget friendly sit up bench is extremely useful. You can perform a full body workout with and without weights.
- The Apex Utility Sit Up Bench for Toning and Strength Training helps target specific muscle groups and helps tone the abdominal muscles to bring about significant change.
- The space taken this excellent sit up bench is less, which makes it easy to store and remove.
- The frame is made from powder-coated stainless steel that is highly durable and sturdy in the long term. The materials used are of a premium quality and the powder coating helps decrease wear and tear.
- This machine is ergonomic and can easily withstand large weights
- The Apex Utility Sit Up Bench for Toning and Strength Training does not fold to become completely flat, so will take a little space during storage.
- It is quite low to the ground, and may be slightly uncomfortable for people at first.
The Confidence Fitness Pro Adjustable Sit Up Ab Bench is versatile and user-friendly. Not too expensive, this fabulous Sit Up bench is easy to store, install, and clean. Beginners and intermediate fitness enthusiasts can use it with ease.
- Sturdy steel
- Folds fully flat
- Padded backrest
- Adjustable leg support
- User Weight Capacity: 220 lbs
- Product Weight: 15 lbs
- The Confidence Fitness Pro Adjustable Sit Up Ab Bench is fabulous for upper body workouts, abdominal muscle exercises, neck, and back exercises.
- Users can easily tailor their workouts with easy-to-adjust incline levels and height to suit individual levels of fitness
- The support foam is made of superior quality and high density that does not bend or squeeze with pressure or added weight.
- The padded backrest is ergonomic and user-friendly. Users with back pain can benefit from the use of this sit up bench. It also folds completely flat for easy storage and use. You can also store the Confidence Fitness Pro Adjustable Sit Up Ab Bench straight against the wall to save space.
- Not feasible for people above the height of 6 feet, since the area is limited on the back rest.
- The knee rollers are slightly elevated to the body of the bench, and can increase resistance if not observed carefully.
The Finer Form Sit Up Bench is excellent for office or home workouts. People who enjoy working on their abs and core, should definitely opt for this machine. Beginners and intermediate fitness enthusiasts can benefit greatly.
• Leather wrapped reverse crunch handle
• 3 level adjustable positions
• 4-way steel construction
• Padded Roller Size: 4 inches diameter
• Net Weight: 24 lbs
• User Weight Capacity: 300 lbs
• Excellent quality sit up bench with 12 gauge steel construction on the body, and 14 gauge construction on the legs. Metal used in the Finer Form Sit Up Bench is a 4-way heavy duty steel frame. It also has 2 supporting tubs for durability and sturdiness.
• Thick back pad with curved backboard helps reduce lower back pain and maintain posture during workouts. The backboard on this machine is thicker and broader than the others on this list at 43x13x2 inches.
• This variant comes with a reverse crunch handle to help build your abs and tone your belly as you work out. Reverse crunch handle is crucial for the obliques and abdominis.
• With 3 level adjustments, it is possible for beginners, intermediate, and advanced level enthusiasts to get into shape.
• You will have to read the manual carefully to assemble it.
• Non-adjustable knee and foot bars.
Buyer’s Guide for Sit-up Benches
A Sit-up Bench helps build stamina and reduce your body weight. Sit up benches also help in increasing the strength of your body and help in increasing the power of different muscles. You can use a sit up bench at home to help build muscle mass, lose calories, and tone your body.
You can quickly form a routine that helps you gain strength and confidence. With the help of a sit-up bench, you can perform different exercises that help in gaining muscle all over your body.
A sit-up bench is a definite must-buy since you can get the body you always dreamed of. Always consult with a doctor before using any exercise because changing your routines could impact on your body negatively. Since ab benches can be used for several work out styles, there are accessories and extensions that can help you with toning and body and slowly increasing the resistance to yoru core. You can do sit ups, leg raises, knee raises, crunches, russian twists, and dumbbell rows with ease.
It is a useful instrument for people who are busy in their work and have demanding schedules. People who love to procrastinate, but know they need to exercise will also benefit from the occasional use of the sit-up bench. It helps in saving both your time and money. Sit up benches are expensive, but it pays its worth if used well. You will surely see a difference in your body after exercising using these benches.
How to buy a sit-up bench?
It is essential to know about the basic facts that help in buying sit-up benches.
Design of Sit-up benches: Nowadays, the efficiency depends on the perfect design of the benches. Most sit up benches are meant for outdoor use, and can be used in gardens, lawns, or other exercise areas around your house. However, some of them can also be used indoors. These help in maintaining body shape and strengthening your body. You can easily use benches for exercising in your free time without facing an issue.
Strength and stability: A sit-up bench is used for exercising and improving the power in your body. Thanks to the benefits of sit up benches, most people have simply installed these benches in their own houses. The bench you select should be able to withstand heavy duty weight. A bench with a heavy-duty steel body would be ideal to increase the weight-bearing capacity. You should not opt for one with thin or wobbly parts.
Comfort: A Sit-up bench requires not only stability but also comfort. It is essential to ensure that the sit-up bench has excellent support and is comfortable while exercising. People should pay attention to the cushioning since it is crucial to have adequate support while doing any activity. Being in an awkward position on a hard surface can cause injury and harm to the body. Ideally, a 2-3 inch foam should be perfect for all benches.
Portable: Sit-up benches do not require movability because once you fix them, you will not need to change its position regularly. The equipment you select should not move around too much, but should not be extremely difficult to move once it is installed.
Various exercises: Most sit up benches come with adequate back and lumbar support. However, if you are a beginner, you should opt for a bench with wide back support and a sturdy frame. Comfort and ease of use should be your primary concerns. If you are a professional, you can opt for a bench with a tougher back support and extra extensions and accessories. You would also need to buy some weights to increase resistance to the body. You can do various activities like Trunk Extension, Decline Chest Press, Russian Twist, Push-ups, and many others.
Adjustable: Like we’ve mentioned earlier, being comfortable is extremely important. The best way to do this is to ensure that your bench is adjustable. A non-adjustable bench will not add value to your workout since you might find yourself in an inconvenient position or posture. Also, having an adjustable bench helps increase the resistance once your body gets used to the workout.
Price: While most people think of the price first, you should check all the features and accessories before your check the cost. While you get sit up benches that are extremely cheap, you also get ones that are exorbitant. Select one that fits your budget, quality expectations, and back accessories. Robust benches are more expensive since they come with better material and weight capacities rather than the cheaper variants of lesser quality.
Premium Pick Hearos Extreme Foam EarplugsOur Premium Pick from this list would be the Hearos Extreme for the sheer noise blocking capacity. Slightly more expensive than the rest, the Hearos Extreme easily top our Premium charts. Value Pick Mack Ultra Soft Foam Ear...
[wpseo_breadcrumb] Best Manual Treadmill in 2022Exerpeutic 100XL High Capacity Magnetic Resistance Manual TreadmillConfidence Fitness Magnetic Manual TreadmillWeslo Cardiostride 4.0 TreadmillThis product review was written by Aurora ColtThis product review was written...
[wpseo_breadcrumb] 10 Best Slackline Kits in 2022 Slackers 100′ Night Riderz Kit Slackers Ninja line 36′ Barefoot slackline-45 ft This product review was written by Ainsley Hunter This product review was written by Ainsley Hunter Best Slackline Kit...
[wpseo_breadcrumb] 10 Best Pilates Reformers in 2022 Merrithew at Home SPX Reformer Bundle Supreme Toning Tower Pilates Power Gym ‘Pro’ 3-Elevation Mini Reformer This product review was written by Aurora Colt This product review was written by Aurora Colt [table...
[wpseo_breadcrumb] Best Red Light Therapy Devices in 2022IASO Red Light Therapy Device And Massager Amazing2015 PDT 4 In 1 Red Light Therapy Device [amazon fields="B004QECAU4"...
[wpseo_breadcrumb] Best Infrared Red Light Therapy Devices for Pain in 2022HealthyLine Red Light Therapy Mat YJTSKY Cold Laser Red Light Therapy Device [amazon fields="B07ZCDDLDN"...