How to cure tonsillitis? Tonsillitis is a contagious health problem that is caused by viruses and bacteria. It is an infection of the tonsils, two pads of tissue at the back of the throat. Bacteria like streptococcal can cause swollen sore throats. If this infection is left untreated can lead to a serious problem.
This infection is very common in children but it can happen at any age. Major symptoms of tonsillitis include a sore throat, swollen tonsils, and fever. Normally symptoms of tonsillitis or strep throat last for 8 to 10 days. But you can decrease the incubation period for strep throat and cure Tonsillitis with help of Home Remedies.
- 1 What are Tonsils?
- 2 10 Safe Home Remedies for Tonsillitis & Swollen Tonsils Cure
- 3 Closing Thoughts
What are Tonsils?
Tonsils are two lymphoid tissue located on each side of the back of your throat. They are the largest in size at the time of puberty. The tonsils also produce T cells, which is the type of white blood cells.
They are part of the immunity system which usually helps to prevent infections. But sometimes the tonsils themselves become infected which is known as Tonsillitis or Strep throat.
This is a discomforting health condition and can disturb your lifestyle. But there are very many easiest ways to get rid of tonsils at home.
Type of Tonsillitis
- Acute Tonsillitis– The incubation period for tonsillitis is short usually 3-5days.
- Chronic Tonsillitis– This type of tonsillitis lasts longer than acute tonsillitis. Chronic Tonsils may lead to a chronic sore throat, bad breath or halitosis, etc.
- Reoccurring Tonsillitis– When acute tonsillitis happens multiple times in a year.
Symptoms of Tonsillitis
There are many symptoms of tonsillitis which include:
- Sore throat
- Pain while swallowing
- Pain in ear and neck
- Red and swollen tonsils
- Swollen lymph glands
- Change in voice
- Bad breath
- Stomach ache
- In children, tonsillitis symptoms could be irritability, poor appetite, nausea, or vomiting.
Causes of Tonsillitis
The tonsils are part of your immunity system which prevents bacteria. However, tonsils are also vulnerable to infection and lead to strep throat. Streptococcus bacteria is a very common cause of tonsillitis.
Tonsillitis may occur because of other viruses such as Adenoviruses, Influenza virus, Parainfluenza viruses, or Epstein-Barr viruses. Longtime constipation can also cause tonsillitis due to the retention of metabolic toxins.
10 Safe Home Remedies for Tonsillitis & Swollen Tonsils Cure
1. Milk and Turmeric
Turmeric is a well-known natural antibiotic and milk is a good source of nutrients. Antibiotics and antibacterial properties of turmeric help to get rid of tonsils infections.
- Take one glass of hot milk, add a half spoonful of turmeric, and add a half spoonful of black pepper.
- Mix it well and drink slowly at bedtime until you get relief from Tonsils stones.
2. Ice Cubes
Ice cubes are one of the best home remedies to cure tonsillitis. Massage with ice helps to cure tonsillitis in 4 hours by reducing swelling.
- Wrap some ice cubes in a clean cotton cloth. Put this cloth on the tonsils for 10 to minutes.
- You can do this remedy several times a day.
Read: How to Get Rid of a Sore Throat
3. Salt Water
Another wonderful remedy for swollen throat and the simplest one. Salt help to reduce inflammation and fights bacteria. Where warm water gives you relief from pain and swelling.
- Take one glass of water and mix it with one tablespoon of salt.
- Gargle with this saltwater but don’t drink it. Do this remedy 3-4 times a day.
Lemon is a good natural medicine to cure tonsillitis. Due to its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties, it helps to cure infection and inflammation.
- Take one glass of warm water, add 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice, one teaspoon of honey, and a pinch of salt.
- Mix it well and drink this mixture 2-3 times a day.
5. Onion Juice
To cure tonsillitis faster, one should gargle with onion juice. It contains anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. Onion Juice is a simple and effective home remedy that cures tonsillitis permanently overnight.
- Extract juice from the onion and add in lukewarm water.
- Gargle with this onion water twice a day.
6. Carrot Juice
Carrot is a good source of vitamin A which improves your immunity system. It helps eliminates toxins in your body due to its anti-toxicant properties. Carrot is a very useful home remedy if tonsillitis is caused due to constipation.
- Drink a glass of carrot juice twice a day for 3-5 days.
Figs are a very effective home remedy for tonsil stones treatment. They can reduce pain and soreness caused by the infection.
- Mash 3 boiled figs and eat them with one tablespoon of honey several times a day for one week.
- Make a paste by mashing the figs in the water you have used for boiling them.
- Apply this paste to the outside of your throat.
- Keep the paste for 10-15, and then wash it off with warm water.
Beet is a good natural remedy to cure tonsillitis. It contains substances like iron, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, manganese, and copper.
This remedy helps to eliminate harmful toxins from your body. Beetroot also helps to reduce inflammation and provide relief from swollen tonsils.
- Drink one glass of juice of beetroot twice a day for instant tonsillitis treatment.
See: How to cure Mouth Ulcers at Home
Fenugreek is one best ayurvedic remedies to cure tonsillitis fast at home. It has antibacterial and anti-inflammation which gives you instant relief from tonsillitis.
- Take two tablespoons of fenugreek seeds and boil for 5 minutes.
- Let it steep there for 15 minutes gargle with it and then spit it out.
This natural remedy is very effective in curing tonsillitis and sore throats at home. Cinnamon helps to reduce swelling and control bacteria due to its antimicrobial properties.
- Mix one teaspoon of honey and cinnamon powder in one glass of lukewarm water.
- Drink this lukewarm water several times a day.
- It will provide you instant relief from inflammation and pain caused by a sore throat.
How To Get Rid Of Tonsil Stones With Ayurvedic Remedies?
In Ayurveda, tonsillitis is known as Galaxy. It is mainly caused by poor digestion and the accumulation of toxins in the body.
- Holy Basil: It is a very famous and useful herb in Ayurveda. It has antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties. Drinking basil, lemon, and honey tea is a good way to cure tonsillitis permanently. Boil a few leaves of basil for 10 minutes and then strain it. Add one teaspoon of fresh lemon juice and honey for taste.
- Divya Tribhuvankirti Ras: It is Baba Ramdev’s ayurvedic natural medicine for tonsillitis. This ayurvedic medicine will give you relief from a sore throat. It also prevents you from reoccurring infections of the tonsils.
In the end, we have summarized the essential factors to be followed to cure tonsillitis.
- Drink lots and lots of fluid.
- Avoid soft drinks and spicy food.
- Eating curds, buttermilk, and fried foods should also be avoided.
- Give rest to your throat and try not to talk too much.
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol
- Take foods that are easy to swallow.
- Drink warm water to prevent Tonsillitis.
Please ENT SPECIALIST PRESCRIBE ME MEDICINE AND ADVISE