What is the fast cure for Chickenpox? Chickenpox is a contagious viral infection which is caused by a virus named varicella-zoster virus (VZV). This virus belongs to the herpes virus family and also causes a disease known as shingles. This virus attacks when there is a weak immune system in the body. Chickenpox was a very common disease in childhood before the vaccine invention in the US.
This disease normally lasts for 2-4 weeks. Chickenpox is more dangerous for adults than for children. Medical science has invented many treatments and Cure for chickenpox but there many effective home remedies that can be used to get rid of chickenpox fast.
Is Chicken Pox Contagious?
Yes, chickenpox is very contagious like other colds and flu. Chickenpox can spread from one person to another person. It can spread very easily through airborne particles, exhaled air, and fluid from the open sore of an infected person.
It can also spread from the clothes of an infected person. According to many studies, an infected person can spread chickenpox 5 days before and 5 days after the rashes occur due to chickenpox.
What is the Incubation Period for Chicken Pox?
Chickenpox normally occurs in children before the age of 12 but it can occur in adults as well. The incubation period for chickenpox is 10-21 days. In severe cases of chickenpox, rashes can appear on your genitals and nose area.
Virus varicella-zoster virus can live for years in your nerve cells if you ever had this disease. This virus can wake you up at any time if you haven’t had vaccinated.
Perfect Time to Take Chicken Pox Vaccine
Normally two doses of chickenpox vaccine are highly recommended for children once at the age between 1 to 1.5 years and 2nd at the age of 4- 6 years. These are the perfect time to have a chickenpox vaccine to prevent this disease.
If you never had the vaccine and you are already above 13 then take two doses of the vaccine and give a 1-month gap between the first and second doses.
Symptoms of Chickenpox
Chickenpox symptoms will start to appear after 10 -21 days of infection. And your body becomes contiguous 2 days before you develop symptoms. Red itchy rashes on your body are the most common symptoms of chickenpox. Along with rashes, other symptoms include-
Causes of Chicken Pox?
Varicella-zoster virus (VZV) is the main reason for chickenpox infection. This is a contagious disease that can occur through contact with an infected person. You can get infected through sneezing, coughing saliva, and contact with fluid from the rashes of an infected person.
10 Useful Natural Remedies For a Fast Cure For Chickenpox
Chickenpox used to be a very common health issue before humans invented the chickenpox vaccine. If you had the vaccine in your childhood it will reduce your chances of having chicken by 98% which is a significant achievement.
Chickenpox normally occurs in children but it can occur in adults too. There are many natural home remedies you can try at home to get rid of chickenpox fast.
Oatmeal bath is one of the most effective home remedies for chicken pox. It will reduce pain and itching due to its antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It also fights bacteria and prevents scarring due to rashes.
- Take 2 cups of oatmeal and grind them into a fine powder. Now take two litres of water and add the powder to it.
- Leave the powder in water for at least 15 minutes. Take a washcloth bag and pour the oatmeal paste into it.
- Now fill the bathtub with lukewarm water and place the bag in it.
- Stir the oatmeal bag until the water turns into a milky white.
- Now get in the bathtub and soak yourself for 10-20 minutes to get relief from itching and pain due to chickenpox.
2. Baking Soda
Baking soda is also a good home remedy to stop itching and irritation because of rashes due to chickenpox.
- Take one cup of water and add one tablespoon of baking soda. Now dip a cotton ball into it and apply it to the affected area.
- You can also add one tablespoon of baking soda to the bathtub and soak yourself in it.
- Repeat this remedy for a week to get relief.
3. Brown Vinegar
Brown vinegar is a very effective natural remedy to cure the itching and pain caused by chickenpox rashes. It also prevents scarring due to rashes.
- Fill your bathtub with lukewarm water and add a half cup of brown vinegar into it.
- Now, take a bath for at least 15 to 20 minutes.
- Repeat this remedy until you get relief from itching and chickenpox rashes.
4. Calamine Lotion
Calamine lotion is a very effective treatment for chickenpox at home for adults. It will reduce itching and cure blisters fast. Apply this lotion to the affected area when you feel too much itching and pain.
Note- Calamine lotion can have side effects on some people. It can worsen the itching.Do not use this lotion more than 4 times in a weak or more than once in a day.
5. Jasmine Flower Bath
Taking bath in jasmine flower water is a wonderful home remedy to cure itching and pain caused by chickenpox.
- Take a handful of jasmine flowers and grind them into a paste. Add the ground jasmine flowers to rice water. Now keep this mixture in a cloth bag and put the cloth bag in a bathtub filled with lukewarm water.
- Soak yourself for 15 to 20 minutes in the bathtub. Repeat this remedy until you get relief from chickenpox.
6. Indian Lilac
Indian lilac is also called Margosa or Neem which is one of the most effective and ancient remedies for chickenpox. It has antifungal, antibacterial, antibiotic, and antioxidant properties which help to reduce itching and cure rashes fast. This remedy also prevents scarring.
- You can prepare a paste from fresh leaves of Indian lilac with water. Apply the paste to the affected area.
- Use this remedy until you get rid of rashes and blisters. This remedy can be used for all ages.
- Fill your bathtub with lukewarm water and add fresh leaves of Indian Lilac into it. Now soak yourself for 15 to 20 minutes in it.
- You can also hang fresh leaves around your bed to prevent from spreading chickenpox.
7. Carrots and Coriander Soup
An effective home remedy for chickenpox due to its antioxidant properties. Drinking coriander and carrots soup is healthy for your immunity and it also fights bacteria.
Prepare soup from fresh carrot and coriander or you can get it from the market but always prefer homemade. Drink soup for one month to get a significant result.
Honey is a wonderful natural herb used to cure many health issues and chickenpox is no exception. It has antifungal, antibacterial, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties which help to reduce itching and pain due to blisters.
- Apply honey directly to the affected area and leave for 20 minutes.
- Use this natural remedy 2 times a day for a week to get relief from chickenpox.
Basil has anti-bacterial, anti-oxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties which help to reduce itching and cure chickenpox fast. It also helps to kill bacteria and prevent scarring.
- Take a handful of fresh basil leaves and boil it in a cup of water for 5 minutes. Then let it simmer for 5 minutes and then keep it in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Now apply this mixture to the affected area with a washcloth. Repeat this remedy once or twice a day for a week.
10. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera is a very beneficial natural herb in treating chickenpox at home. It has anti-bacterial, anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties which help to heal blisters and reduce itching very fast.
- Take fresh aloe vera leaves and extract the gel from them.
- Now apply the gel directly to the affected area.
- Repeat this remedy two times a day for a week or two for a better result.
7 Prevention Tips for Chicken Pox
Prevention is very important for a person having chickenpox and for the people around him. As this is a contagious disease so needs to be extra careful around infected people.
- We should get our children vaccinated twice before the age of 6. Taking a chickenpox vaccine reduces the chances of having chickenpox by around 98%.
- Adult people can get the vaccine too. Contact your doctor for the vaccine if you haven’t had it already.
- Do not make any contact with infected people.
- Weak mask and gloves when you go around an infected person.
- Do not scratch the rashes.
- Stay at home as much as possible.
- Take leave from work and if your children are having chickenpox then don’t let them go to school.
How many days to recover from Chicken Pox?
Mild chickenpox gets healed on its own. But in severe cases of chickenpox, you need immediate medical attention. Most severe cases of chickenpox develop in adults. Children tend to have mild chickenpox which normally recovers within 21 days.
Visit a doctor immediately if you see the following symptoms:-
- Red rashes on your eyes, nose, and genitals.
- Breathing problem
- Stiff neck
- High fever above 102 F
- See a doctor if you are older than 12.
- If a child is less than 6 months then he/she needs immediate medical attention.
- If you are pregnant and suffering from chickenpox then visit your doctor as soon as possible.
Chickenpox is a very contagious disease so you need to be very cautious if you are suffering from it or if someone from your family or friend suffering from it. This used to be a very common disease in the US and around the world before the vaccine.
After taking the vaccine chance of chickenpox was reduced by 98% which is quite significant. Chickenpox normally takes 15- 21 days to recover. Use natural remedies to cure/get rid of chickenpox and visit a doctor if symptoms get severe. leave your comment and suggestion.
You can also check: