Updated: 23 Nov 2019
How to Use a Leg Press Machine
A leg press is a machine which you will generally find in your gym. It helps in weight training exercises in which the user or an individual pushes a weight or resistance by using force exerted by the legs. The leg press is a tool which can be used to perform leg exercises. It may seem like a simple exercise, but there are various ways and techniques in which this machine should be used to avoid any injury or muscle cramp.
Exercising with this machine generally stretches your quad muscles and helps them contract again so that the muscles gain enough strength and also burn extra and unwanted fat. Before using this machine, you must know how to use it.
In this article, you will see the various ways and techniques by which a leg press machine can be used. You will also get necessary information about various precautions that you need to be aware of, before using it.
Ways to Use a Leg Press Machine
The leg press machine is used to increase the strength of the legs. This machine is handy when appropriately used in the right manner. If you are not particular about the method and technique in using a leg press machine, not only would you be injured, but you would also not see any visible results. Therefore, it is necessary to use a leg press machine in a right and effective manner. Before you start reading ahead, please ensure you get a full medical check-up by a doctor. Exercise equipment should not be used lightly. In case of any aches or pains, please contact a doctor at the earliest.
Following are the various ways and techniques one must use while exercising with a leg press machine:
- The first step you need to follow is to sit down on the machine. You will see a platform in front of you at a medium level. Place your legs comfortably on the platform in front of you, with your knees bent at 90 degrees.
- Now that you have placed yourself correctly on the machine, the next thing you need to do is to lower the safety bars holding the platform which is weighted and press the platform until your legs are fully extended in front of you and you feel the pressure. Make sure you do not lock your knees while pressing the platform since it may lead to a severe injury.
- While inhaling, slowly lower down the platform until your lower and upper legs make an angle of 90 degrees.
- Push the platform with the help of the heels of your feet and using the quadriceps go back to the starting position while exhaling.
- Repeat this process several times as instructed by your trainer.
Precautions to be taken while using a leg press machine
There is no doubt that a leg press machine is handy and helps to gain strength and lose unwanted fat from the thighs and legs. But it is also evident that in the case of misuse it may cause severe muscle injury or internal cramps. Therefore, it is crucial to take protective measures while using the leg press machine.
Following are some of the precautions that you need to take care of while using a leg press machine:
- Take control of your breathing. Breathe in as the weight is lowered and breathe out when you push the weight.
- Consider the weight you are using with the platform; make sure you can manage it.
- Always check that you have locked the platform while you rack the weight.
- Do not perform this exercise if you have any muscle injury or are suffering from fatigue or low energy levels.
There is no doubt that a leg press machine can help you with weight training exercises at your gym and other exercise areas. It is a useful machine that can be used by men and women to get good physical health and increased strength. This machine should be used with proper care and protection.
It is advised to use it under the tutelage and guidance of a certified trainer or someone who knows the details of the machine. Read the manual provided with the machine to know more about it. Consider the necessary precautions before using it and also make sure that you are using it in the right manner with the perfect techniques.
Best Red Light Therapy Devices in 2021IASO Red Light Therapy Device And Massager Amazing2015 PDT 4 In 1 Red Light Therapy Device [amazon fields="B004QECAU4"...
Best Infrared Red Light Therapy Devices for Pain in 2021HealthyLine Red Light Therapy Mat YJTSKY Cold Laser Red Light Therapy Device [amazon fields="B07ZCDDLDN"...
Best Massagers in 2021 LifePro Sonic Handheld Percussion Massager Zyllion ZMA-13-BK Shiatsu Pillow Massager LifePro Sonic Handheld Percussion Massager This product review was written by Aurora Colt This product review was written by Aurora Colt...
Best Neck and Back Massagers in 2021 Wahl 4290-2001 Percussion Therapeutic Handheld Massager Zyllion ZMA-13-BK Back and Neck Pillow Massager Sunbeam XL Renue Heating Wrap Massager This product review was written by Aurora Colt This product review...
Best Training Sandbags in 2021 Brute Force Sandbags SKLZ Super Heavy-Duty Training Sandbag Iron Core Athletics Training Sandbag This product review was written by Aurora Colt This product review was written by Aurora Colt Best...
Best Weightlifting Shoes in 2021 NOBULL Men's Training Shoes Otomix Men's Stingray Escape Weightlifting shoe Inov-8 Women’s Fastlift 335 Weightlifting Training Shoes This product review was written by Ainsley Hunter This product review was written...