Are you having trouble sleeping at night? Lying in bed for hours, but not able to sleep. These are symptoms of insomnia and you may be suffering from it. Insomnia is a sleeping disorder. In America 30- 40% of its population suffers from insomnia every year. If you are suffering from this disease, then you just have to calm yourself because Insomnia cure is possible naturally at home without pills.
Insomnia is pretty common in this technological era. As the world shifts towards a more nocturnal arena of living, we find ourselves unable to sleep till late at night, making us tired the entire day next day.
It could happen because of psychology, your lifestyle, and medication. Insomnia makes you feel tired all the time, disturbs your mood, and sometimes it may lead to a serious health problems.
This sleeping disorder affects all age groups, but it has more effects on adult women. By changing your lifestyle and with the help of natural remedies you can fall asleep quickly.
What Are The Types of Insomnia?
There are mainly three types of insomnia:
- Transient Insomnia – It lasts for a few days to a few weeks.
- Acute insomnia – It lasts for a few weeks and is also known as short-term insomnia.
- Chronic insomnia – This type of insomnia lasts for months and according to the National Institute of health, it could last for years.
Symptoms of Insomnia
- Not able to sleep at night
- Waking up early or during the night
- Feeling tired all the time
- Depression, anxiety
- Irritation or disturbed mood
- Can’t focus on work or anything else
- Memory loss due to insomnia
- Worried about sleep
Causes Of Insomnia?
There are many causes of insomnia such as psychological, medical conditions, and lifestyle.
- Insomnia caused by medical conditions – There are many medical conditions which can cause acute or serious insomnia.
- Nasal and sinus allergies
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Neurological condition
- Endocrine problem
- Chronic pain
- Low back pain
- Insomnia caused by psychological conditions – One of the main reasons behind acute insomnia is depression. This psychological condition can wake you up for a whole night. Insomnia due to a psychological condition can cause you to change your mood, and shift hormones, and it may lead to a serious psychiatric issue.
- Anxiety and insomnia – This is caused due to the following reasons:
- Excessive worrying about your past or future
- Pressure because of responsibility
- Lifestyle and insomnia – This is caused due to the following reasons:
- Working at night
- Sleeping in a daytime can cause insomnia
- Excessive intake of caffeine
12 Useful Home Remedies For Insomnia Cure & To Get Better Sleep
Stop drinking alcohol and smoking if you think it helps to fall sleep. Try natural way which is the perfect aids to fall asleep quickly.
1. Milk and Honey
Drinking warm milk with honey is one of the effective home remedies to get sleep quickly. Because the milk has sleep-inducing properties. It contains tryptophan, which increases the amount of serotonin in your body.
Serotonin is a hormone that works as a natural sedative in your body. Honey helps to transfer these hormones faster to your brain. Alternatively, you can eat a banana with milk to get rid of insomnia.
2. Drink Tart Cherry Juice
Tart cherry juice is a good source of tryptophan which helps to develop serotonin in your body. Tryptophan is an amino acid that converts into serotonin.
Serotonin again helps to produce melatonin which helps to maintain your biological clock. Drinking one glass of cherry juice daily is a good natural remedy for insomnia treatment.
3. Valerian root
Valerian root is a natural sedative and good sleeping aid. This natural herb helps to increase gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA) which distresses your body. It also provides relief from anxiety and cures insomnia without medicine. You can drink valerian root in the form of tea.
Way to use Valerian root.
- Valerian tea- Take one teaspoon of dried valerian root and steep it in boiling water for 10 minutes. Make sure you cover the glass while steeping it.
- Drink this tea after straining it once or twice in a day. You can add milk or honey if you don’t like the taste.
4. Chamomile Tea
Chamomile is a well-known sleep inducer because of its sedative effect. Drinking chamomile tea is an effective treatment for insomnia. It also provides relief from stress.
Way to use
- Tea: Take one teaspoon of chamomile and steep in boiling water for 15 minutes.
- Strain this mixture and drink it 20 minutes before going to bed to get quick sleep.
5. Regular Exercise
Exercise helps your body to improve in multiple ways. Doing exercise daily helps to distress your body and also provides relief from anxiety.
Don’t exercise just before going to bed because exercise makes you energetic and less sleepy. Do exercise in the morning or evening time for Insomnia cure and fall asleep quickly without pills.
Aromatherapy is another perfect way to get rid of insomnia. Lavender is most used the natural herb in aromatherapy for sleeping aids. Lavender has mild tranquillizer properties.
You can apply one or two drops of lavender oil on your forehead before going to bed. Or take a clean cloth put a few drops of lavender oil on it and keep it around your pillow whenever you go to sleep.
You can use jasmine oil instead of lavender oil. Put one drop of jasmine oil on your wrist before you off to sleep. According to research that happen at Wheeling Jesuit University in West Virginia people who spent the night in jasmine-scented rooms slept more than in a normal.
7. Change your lifestyle
There is a very famous quote you must have heard “early to bed early to rise” and its works for people who are suffering from insomnia. Give some time to make your daily schedule.
Go to bed at the same time every day and wake up at the same time every day no matter how less you slept. If your work at night tries to change that work in the daytime as much as possible.
Go for a walk every day in the morning it should be outdoors. It will freshen your mood and make you energetic. Do not sleep in the daytime no matter how tired you feel. Do not eat a heavy meal at night.
8. Green Tea
Green tea contains L-Theanine which helps to reduce heart rate and the immune system to respond to stress. It also provides relief from anxiety and makes you feel relaxed. Taking green tea twice a day is the most effective way to insomnia cure.
Another natural home remedy for insomnia treatment. Almonds have many benefits but can be used as sleeping aids because it helps to maintain the level of serotonin.
Eat 6-8 cloves of almonds every day in the morning or you can add them to your breakfast. You can eat other nuts too like cashews, pistachios, and walnuts.
- Check Out: Home Remedies to Remove Dark Circles
How much sleep is enough for a person?
When people talk about insomnia this is the first question, that comes into their head. But it is very hard to tell exactly how many hours a person needs to sleep. It varies from person to person and young adults should sleep for 7-8 hours.
Ayurvedic Herbal Remedies for Insomnia Cure
In Ayurveda insomnia is known as “Anidra”. It can be cured with the help of ayurvedic natural remedies.
- Brahmi – This natural herb has tranquillizing properties which help to relax your body and also provide you relief from anxiety. A cup of Brahmi tea at bedtime helps you to fall asleep quickly.
- Ashwagandha – This natural remedy is used to get cured anxiety and stress. Take half a teaspoon of this ayurvedic powder every night before going to bed with warm milk.
- Jatamansi – It is a good natural herb to treat insomnia. Jatamansi helps to increase serotonin in your body which makes you sleep quickly. It also has a sedative effect on your body. It can be taken as a powder, about one-fourth of a teaspoon at a time. Or alternatively, you can use it by soaking it in warm water for 4-5 hours, straining it, and drinking it preferably at bedtime.
You can also check: