How to Get Rid of Yeast Infection? Yeast infection mainly occurs in women but sometimes it can also happen to men. The yeast infection is normally referred to as vaginal yeast infection which is caused by an overgrowth fungus called Candida albicans. Infection cause extreme itching, inflammation, and irritation in the vagina.
Yeast infection in the genital area can bring severe infection. The overgrowth of Candida albicans fungus is responsible for this condition, causing inflammation, itching, irritation, and painful discharge.
This infection is caused by a fungus not bacteria and more than 90% of women suffer from this infection at least once in their life. And 5 to 10% of a woman suffers from chronic yeast infection. There are many creams and ointments available in the market for yeast infections but you can cure yeast infections with the help of a natural remedy at home.
Yeast Infection in Men?
Although yeast infection is mainly a woman-oriented health condition, it can occur in some men as well. Mainly men’s genitals get infected from yeast infection due to unprotected sex with an infected woman. But in a few men yeast infection can occur in mouths and other parts of the body.
Non-Genital Yeast Infections in Men and Women
Most yeast infection is associated with vaginal yeast infection but they can occur in other parts of the body like the mouth, armpits, and groin. It mainly occurs in a moist part of the body. This type of non-genital yeast infection is known as cutaneous candidiasis.
What are the Causes of Vaginal Yeast Infection?
For women major reason behind vaginal yeast infection is an overgrowth of Candida Albicans fungus. Other reasons which can cause yeast infection include.
- A disease which makes your immunity system weak like HIV.
- Medication like birth control pills, steroids, etc.
- Lack of sleep or stress
- Bad vaginal hygiene
- Wearing clothes which make the vaginal area moist for a long time.
Causes of Yeast Infection in Men
- Unprotected sex with a woman who is already infected with a vaginal yeast infection.
- Moist body parts for a long time.
- Poor penis hygiene
Symptoms of Vaginal Yeast Infection in Men & Women
For women symptoms include.
- Extreme itching around the opening of the vagina (Vulva)
- Swelling in the vagina
- Thick vaginal discharge in grey or white colour.
- Burning sensation while urinating
- Pain while having sex
- Inflammation in the vaginal area
For men symptoms include.
- Itching and Redness on the penis
- Swelling on top of the penis area.
- White rashes on the penis
How To Get Rid of Yeast Infection? (10 Useful Home Remedies)
Most woman gets a vaginal yeast infection because of the overgrowth of fungus around the vagina or moist part of their body. In men yeast infections happen to leave your body part moist for a long time or to have sex with infected women. Follow below natural remedy to get rid of yeast infection fast at home.
Garlic is a very effective home remedy to cure yeast infections permanently. It has antifungal, antibacterial, and antibiotic properties which help to get rid of any type of yeast infection in women or men.
- Take some garlic cloves and crushed them into a paste.
- Apply this paste to the infected area of your body.
- Leave it there for a few hours and wash it off with water.
- You can also apply a mixture of garlic oil and vitamin E oil to the infected area.
- Eating garlic cloves and consuming garlic tablets daily can also help to get rid of yeast infection.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar
Another good home remedy for yeast infection. Apple cider vinegar has anti-fungal and antibacterial properties which help to control yeast infection.
- Take two tablespoons of ACV and mix them with a glass of water.
- Drink this mixture daily until you get rid of the infection.
- You can also mix apple cider vinegar in the hot bathtub.
- Take bath in the bathtub for an hour it will stop the itching and inflammation caused by yeast infection.
- Another way to use ACV is to apply diluted ACV on the infected area.
- You can dilute ACV in water and apply it on infected areas for a few hours then wash it off with water.
3. Boric Acid
Boric acid has anti-fungal and antibacterial properties that cure yeast infections fast.
- Take the boric acid powder and gelatin capsules.
- Fill the empty capsules with boric acid powder and close them properly.
- Keep the capsules in the vagina before going to bed.
- Use this remedy for 1 or 2 weeks to get rid of vaginal yeast infection completely.
Another simple yet very effective home remedy for yeast infection. Yoghurt contains bacteria known as Lactobacillus acidophilus which stops the growth of yeast infection and cures it.
- Apply plain yoghurt on the infected area overnight.
- This will stop itching and cure yeast infection in a week’s time only.
- Take a tampon and dip it in yoghurt now keep it in the vagina for 2-3 hours. Do not push it deep.
- Do this remedy twice a day.
- You can consume yoghurt with your food.
5. Coconut Oil
Coconut is a good remedy to cure yeast infections in men as well as in women. Coconut oil contains fatty acids like lauric, capric, and caprylic acid which have anti-fungal properties that help to treat yeast infection.
- Wash the infected area gently with water and make it pat dry.
- Apply coconut oil to it and leave it there.
- Repeat this remedy twice a day until you get rid of the yeast infection.
6. Epsom Salt
Epsom salt is also known as magnesium sulfate which helps to kill fungus and control yeast infection.
- Add two cups of Epsom salt to the bathtub and soak your body in the warm water for 20 minutes.
- Repeat this remedy daily until the yeast infection is cured.
7. Tea Tree Oil
Another very effective home remedy for yeast infection treatment. It has antifungal, antibacterial, and antiviral properties which help to cure yeast infections fast.
- Take 3 drops of tea tree oil and 2 tablespoons of honey and mix them well.
- Now apply this mixture to the infected area and leave it overnight.
- Repeat this remedy for 2 weeks to remove the yeast infection.
8. Aloe Vera
Aloe vera has soothing properties that cure itching and inflammation caused by yeast infections. It also has antifungal properties that control yeast infection.
- Extract aloe vera gel and apply it to the infected area of the body.
- Let it dry and repeat this remedy twice a day for weeks.
9. Peppermint Oil
Peppermint oil is a wonderful remedy to cure oral yeast infections. It has a soothing effect that reduces inflammation. It also controls menthol which has antifungal properties that help to cure yeast infections.
- Mix 2 -3 drops of peppermint oil in 8 oz of water and then rinse your mouth with this mixture for 2-3 minutes.
- Then after swishing it for 2-3 minutes, you can wash your mouth with plain water.
- You can also consume a peppermint oil capsule daily to get rid of yeast infection.
10. Oregano Oil
Oregano oil has antifungal and antiviral properties which help to get rid of yeast infections fast. It also helps to improve your immune system.
- Apply oregano oil on the infected areas of the body.
- If you feel a burning sensation then you can dilute oregano oil by mixing it with olive oil.
- Repeat this remedy for two weeks.
Must Read: How to Stop Period Pain fast
5 Prevention Tips for Yeast infection
Yeast infection can be prevented by following prevention tips.
- Clean your genitals after having sexual intercourse.
- Keep your vagina dry.
- Avoid wearing tight and synthetic clothes for a long time.
- If possible avoid some medication.
- A healthy diet can also prevent yeast infections.
Ayurvedic Medicine for Yeast Infection
Yeast infection is a very common skin problem in women. It occurs mainly around the vagina but can happen to other parts of the body. In Ayurveda, yeast infection is known as Vata Dosha. Follow the below ayurvedic medicine and remedy to get rid of vaginal yeast infection.
- Indian Gooseberry – Take fresh juice of Indian gooseberry and dilute it with water. Wash your vagina 2-3 times a day with this solution.
- Triphala Choorna – This ayurvedic medicine contains Indian gooseberry and chebulic myrobalan which are considered to be a very effective natural herbs to cure yeast infection. Consuming the Triphala capsule twice a day will help to cure yeast infections.
- Lodhrasava – This is another wonderful remedy to cure vaginal yeast infection. Wash your vagina twice a day with lodhrasava.
Yeast infection is a very common type of skin problem in a woman and some men caused by an overgrowth of fungus. This is not a very serious problem but it can be irritating and if not treated on time can cause a chronic yeast infection.
There are so many creams and ointments available for yeast infection cure. Which may have some side effects on your skin. Try the above home remedies to get rid of yeast infections. If you have any other home remedy which we forget to mention write in the comment box below.
You can also check: